Flood of Assistance
- Disaster aid fell into wrong hands. Hickey, Jennifer G. // Insight on the News;3/10/97, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p46
Cites the article `Waste & Abuse' in the January 24, 1997 issue of `Insight' which reported that aid from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) for the 1994 Northridge, California earthquake victims fell into the wrong hands.
- Federal Disaster Funds Now Available to Rocky Boy's Reservation. // American Indian Report;Jul2010, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p4
The article reports on the announcement by the U.S. Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) on July 10, 2010 on the availability of a disaster fund to the state of Montana for the recovery efforts in areas affected by storms and floods in June 2010.
- FEMA disaster funds. // State Legislatures;Apr99, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p8
Reports that the United States Federal Emergency Management Agency allotted $2.7 billion for disaster assistance in 1998. Geographic distribution of the funds.
- When disaster strikes, U.S. isn't always `Uncle Sugar'. Stoil, Michael J. // Nursing Homes: Long Term Care Management;Mar94, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p10
Discusses the role of the US Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) in helping disaster affected areas. Congress' passage of domestic relief bill after the January 17, 1994 earthquake in Los Angeles, California and the weather systems collision in Philadelphia, New Jersey; Applicability of...
- FEMA extends flood-relief funding deadline to July. Ruth, João-Pierre S. // njbiz;6/7/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 23, p3
The article reports on the extension made by the U.S. Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) for the deadline in filing for federal financial support to recover from flood damages to July 1, 2010 from the original deadline of June 1, 2010.
- Federal disaster relief extends for new funds. Burd, Joshua // njbiz;12/19/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 51, p3
The article reports on the federal disaster aid provided by the Federal Emergency Management Agency to New Jersey which entails small business disaster loans and more funding for housing assistance related to Hurricane Irene that has caused damages to the entire state on October 29, 2011.
- FEMA presents flood update. Zinkewicz, Phil // Insurance Advocate;2/3/96, Vol. 107 Issue 5, p6
Reports on the highlights of the response and recovery activities of the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) for flood disasters in the United States. Includes confirmations of flood-related casualties; Operations of disaster recovery centers; Application for disaster assistance from...
- Kentucky; Amendment No. 4 to Notice of a Major Disaster Declaration. Fugate, W. Craig // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;3/28/2012, Vol. 77 Issue 60, p18835
The article presents information on a notice issued by the U.S. Federal Emergency Management Agency for addition of areas including Grant, Laurel and Lawrence for consideration for disaster relief in the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
- Deadline extension to register for Sandy aid. Bourbeau, Mary Ann // njbiz;4/8/2013, p12
The article reports that the deadline for New Jersey residents and business owners to register with the U.S. Federal Emergency Management Agency for disaster assistance for damages incurred during Hurricane Sandy has been extended to May 1, 2013.