Debt Sale Urged
- Corbett Weighs Options on Budget, Pensions. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;7/7/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34138, p1
The article focuses on the decision of Pennsylvania Governor Tom Corbett to sign a 29.1 billion dollars Pennsylvania budget after reviewing the budget for the state's unfunded pension liability. Topics discussed include inclusion of Pennsylvania's pension funding under bond rating agency,...
- $11B Columbus-Based Pension Charts A/L Dialogue. Giardina, Michael // Investment Management Mandate Pipeline;4/23/2013, p7
The article reports that the School Employees Retirement System of Ohio (SERS) is considering proposed changes to the plan's overall real estate investment allocation as of April 23, 2013. Global real estate accounted for 1.1 billion dollars, which was in line with the fund's 10 percent target....
- Ohio Schools Hires BlackRock for Bonds. Rasmussen, Eric // Investment Management Weekly;03/01/99, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p3
Reports that Ohio School Employees' Retirement System has hired BlackRock Financial Management to run bond portfolio. Comments from Douglas Sisson, director of investments for the fund, on the hiring.
- Texas ISDs Firming $200M-Plus Bond Votes for November. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/21/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32449, p3
The article reports that the Lamar Consolidated Independent School District has approved a plan to place a $281 million general obligation bond referendum on the November 7, 2006 ballot. The bond proceeds would finance renovation of existing campuses, design of two additional new schools, a new...
- Florida Schools: New Charter Oversight May Hurt Ratings. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;2/9/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32565, p30
The article reports that some public school officials believe that their bond ratings could be damaged because an appointed commission now oversees the approval of charter schools in Florida. Local school boards are responsible for providing charter schools with funding for students and capital...
- CHANGES AHEAD. // Pensions & Investments;3/21/2005, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p38
The article presents various news items related to pension and investment. Los Angeles County Employees' Retirement Association, Pasadena, California, issued an RFP for securities lending providers for an estimated $3.52 billion in corporate bonds and $2.73 billion in U.S. equity securities,...
- Pennsylvania to Debate Pension Overhaul Bill. Burton, Paul // Bondbuyer.com;5/11/2015, p1
Pennsylvania's Senate expects to debate a bill that backers say will begin to tackle an unfunded pension liability problem that has hurt its bond rating.
- Yields Rise as Market Begins to Hum Again. Scarchilli, Michael // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/7/2011, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p9
The article reports on the rise of the weekly yield index of "The Bond Buyer" in light to moderate secondary trading as there is a slowdown of activities after a holiday lull in the U.S.
- Wisconsin's New Leaders Tap Market for $430M. Shields, Yvette // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/7/2011, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p12
The articl reports on the plan of Wisconsin to sell its 20-year general oblication bonds for 430 million dollars to fund bricks-and-mortar capital projects in the first debt issuance of the new administration.