'Thrifty' Voucher Plan Gets Warm House Panel Reception
- New Measure Would Expand QZABs, But Its Adoption is Unlikely This Year. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;8/7/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31444, p3
Reports the introduction of bill that will make changes in the Qualified Zone Academy Bonds in the U.S. Senate. Offering of federal tax credit; Limitation of tax credit to insurance companies and financial institutions; Elimination of underlying bond issue.
- Sen. Clinton Proposes Tax-Credit Bonds for Technology. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;03/06/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31090, p3
Reports the proposal of Senator Hillary Clinton for tax credit bonds for high-speed Internet infrastructure projects. Implication of the proposal for low-income rural communities; Context of the technology bond; Issuance of bonds in helping local government investments.
- State, local officials have mixed feelings on tax-credit debt. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;05/14/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30641, p6
Compares the advantages and disadvantages of using tax-credit bonds for environmental projects and school construction in the United States. Savings that may result from the 15-year maturity of securities; Tax-credit bonds as attractive investment to pension funds.
- It's back to school for districts learning about new QZAB rules. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;08/20/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30709, p33
Reports on the effects of changes in federal rules governing tax-credit bonds on qualified zone academy bond program in California. Provision of zero-interest rate borrowing; Manner and timing of the calculation of the tax credit.
- Tax credit, bond caps continue at 1995 levels. Jacobs, Barry G. // National Real Estate Investor;May96, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p32
Reports on the effect that the late updating of the Census Bureau had on low-income housing tax credit allocation. Limit of the tax credit limit; What would the 1996 limits be based on; States with populations higher than three million to be affected; Reason why.
- Vaughn Bay strikes again. Boone, Rolf // Wenatchee Business Journal;Oct2002, Vol. 16 Issue 10, pC1
Reports the construction of a housing project by Vaughn Bay Construction Inc. in Washington. Development of an apartment complex; Establishment of a tax credit housing; Reduction of tax liability.
- State Financial Assistance Programs. MACK, DANIELLE // njbiz;2013 Small Business Week, p31
A list of state financial assistance programs in New Jersey is presented including BRRAG Tax Credit Certificate Transfer Program, Bond Financing, Brownfields and Contaminated Site Remediation Program.
- Bankers join in bid to rescue credits for low-income housing. Seiberg, Jaret // American Banker;12/19/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 243, p1
Reports on the campaign to save the tax credit for low-income housing. Benefits for banks from the tax breaks; Efforts of Republicans to balance the budget; Support from House and Senate banking committee.
- Debt-Backing Program Gives Boost to Florida Housing Deals. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;6/25/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31415, p3
Reports the implementation of bonds issues for affordable multifamily housing projects under the credit enhancement program in Florida. Construction of a 260-unit, low income housing project in Volusia County; Provision of capital for affordable housing; Increase in the number of local issuers...