Chicago Museums Push for Increase in Grant Program
- Museum in crisis. Williamson, A. // American Visions;Feb/Mar92, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p22
Discusses the impact of the recession on African-American museums. Museums always struggling; Mission of African-American museums; Limited public funding; These museums are experienced in creative fundraising; Rowena Stewart, executive director of the Afro-American Historical and Cultural...
- Accountants want museums to price the priceless. Robinson, W. // Art in America;Jul90, Vol. 78 Issue 7, p37
Summarizes the Financial Accounting Standards Board's (FASB) proposal for museums to include annual price estimates for their holdings in their financial statements.
- Selling the collection. Weiss, P. // Art in America;Jul90, Vol. 78 Issue 7, p124
Reports on the financial crises museums face today and the extent to which selling their art works has become a routine measure driven by business judgments that don't necessarily serve the public interest. INSET: William Rubin on deaccessioning, the Postman Roulin, Art prices,.
- Museums benefit from the lottery. Kramer, Miriam // Magazine Antiques;May97, Vol. 151 Issue 5, p664
Reports on the amounts received by the museums and archives in Great Britain from the funds raised by the National Lottery. Total amount allocated for the museums; Purpose of the funds; Share of the visual and performing arts industry.
- Museum boom in Holland. // Futurist;Jul/Aug92, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p52
States that Holland's booming museum industry is increasingly turning to the business community to help underwrite the costs of expansion. Diverse museums in the Netherlands that attract some 20 million visitors a year; Challenges faced in funding extensive maintenance and expansion costs; Role...
- Museum Village alive@amp;well; needs money. Duvoli, John // Hudson Valley Business Journal;3/24/2003, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p1
Reports on the proactive approach adopted by the board of directors of the Museum Village in Orange County, New York to closing the museum's budget gap. Comments of museum treasurer George Wilcox; Failure of the Orange County legislature to find funds to partner with the museum.
- British government cools on Basra museum. Bailey, Martin // Art Newspaper;Sep2010, Issue 216, p1
The article reports that the British government has withdrawn plans to finance a new museum in Basra, Iraq.
- The giving game…. Humphries, Oscar // Apollo: The International Magazine for Collectors;Nov2010, Vol. 172 Issue 581, p15
The author discusses the decrease in funding for museums and the nature of museum spending in the U.S. and Great Britain.
- Neversink Museum wins grant from national museum institute. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;09/30/96, Vol. 7 Issue 11, p41
Reports on the General Operation Support Grant awarded to Neversink Valley Area Museum by the Institute of Museum Services. Total number of applications for the grant; Amount of the grants awarded; Features of the exhibits by the museum.