- Play Ball! Linn, Laura // Scholastic News -- Edition 4;2/28/2003, Vol. 65 Issue 18, p6
Focuses on the training of several Major League Baseball teams in Florida and Arizona. Number of teams that train throughout Florida; Schedule of the spring-training games in 2003.
- Spokane RiverHawks plan to 'play ball' in May. Parish, Linn // Journal of Business (10756124);3/27/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 7, pA14
Focuses on the for-profit baseball franchise Spokane RiverHawks and its addition to the Pacific International League. Comment of Bill Hogeboom regarding the granting of the franchise; Naming of Matt McCoy, Dave Keller and Kevin Stocker as the three-man management team of the franchise; Revenue...
- They wouldn't be beat. Hood, R.E. // Boys' Life;Jul89, Vol. 79 Issue 7, p27
Discusses the 1914 Boston Braves who were in last place halfway through the season but went on to win the World Series. How other teams have made dramatic dashes to the pennant.
- Up in the air. Call, Andy // Crain's Cleveland Business;3/24/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 12, pI-6
Focuses on Ohio's baseball team Cleveland Indians. Sale of the team by owner Dick Jacobs to Larry Dolan; Decision of key players of the team to quit; Potential candidates to replace the old members.
- A Cubs-Sox World Series? Doesn't even pay to dream. Minkoff, Randy // Crain's Chicago Business;3/24/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p11
Reports on the possible conflict between Chicago, Illinois-based baseball teams Chicago Cubs and Red Sox for the 2003 baseball World Series. Details of matches fought by both teams; Reasons for non-selection of teams for the World Series.
- Cubs send minor-league owners to the showers. Hise, Phaedra // Inc.;Apr97, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p24
Focuses on the Huntington Cubs, a minor-league baseball team which was founded in Virginia in 1990 and closed in 1976. Partnership with the Chicago Cubs; Comments by former partners Jim Amerian and Ed Poppiti; Sales figures; What went wrong.
- Old time baseball. // Jet;08/04/97, Vol. 92 Issue 11, p50
Presents photographs of the Anderson Monarchs baseball team. Their attempts to recreate the experience of playing for a Negro League team.
- Zephyrs add costume nights, concerts to ballpark action. McNulty, Ian // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);04/03/2000, Vol. 20 Issue 41, p12
Focuses on events to promote the games of the New Orleans Zephyr baseball team in New Orleans, Louisiana. Includes Saturday night concerts; Cash giveaways; Costume parties sponsored by the team's owners; Goal of the events to boost the team's profile in sports entertainment.
- The sporting scene: Dinosaur. Angell, Roger // New Yorker;8/17/92, Vol. 68 Issue 26, p75
Discusses the ancient dinosaur of the diamond at Damaschke Field that the Oneonta Yankees play on which has been a breeding ground for great New York Yankee players since the minor league club owned by Sam Nader was established in 1905. Event called the Egg Toss recently held there; The history...
- Baseball in D.C. // Scholastic News -- Senior Edition;10/25/2004, Vol. 73 Issue 6, p2
Reports on the transfer of baseball team Montreal Expos from Quebec to Washington D.C.