Calif. University System to Diversify Sources for $175M Deal
- Highlighting extra security feature won't affect SUNY's prices, investors say. Roy, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/07/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30246, p33
Reports on the New York Dormitory Authority's securitization of its educational facilities revenue bonds for the State University of New York (SUNY). Proposals for an appropriation to support debt service on the bonds; Response of the investment market on the SUNY bonds; Current trading of...
- Results of Competitive Sales. // Bond Buyer;1/16/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34045, p1
The article lists sales value of several bonds for different areas in the U.S. including Street and Highway Revenue Bonds of Pima County, Arizona, Construction Bonds of Brookland School District of Arkansas and General Obligation Refunding School Bonds of Summit Hill School District, Illinois.
- New Jersey Educational Facilities Authority to Sell $136M for Montclair State. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;12/4/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32520, p42
The article reports on the plan of the New Jersey Educational Facilities Authority to sell $135.8 million bonds for Montclair State University (MSU), the second largest public university in New Jersey. The deal will deliver a net value savings of 3 percent to 3.5 percent or more than $4 million....
- Massachusetts College Building Agency Seeking Senior Manager for $93M Deal. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/18/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32240, p5
Reports that the Massachusetts State College Building Authority is seeking an underwriter to market 93 million dollars of revenue bonds in Boston, Massachusetts. Purpose of the deal to finance new housing facility at Bridgewater State College and eight other state college campuses; Requirements...
- State Residents Need Not Apply...Maybe. DiMaria, Frank // Hispanic Outlook in Higher Education;10/3/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p14
The article observes that several U.S.state colleges and universities are using revenue from their higher non-resident tuition to subsidize lower resident tuition to make up for the ever-decreasing U.S. federal funding. It identifies the University of California (UC) system, the University of...
- Oklahoma's $54M Lease-Revenue Debt Goes to Higher Ed. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;9/29/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34185, p1
Oklahoma plans to use proceeds of this week's $67 million sale of lease-revenue bonds for two state universities and a community college.
- Northeast Invisible Supply. // Bond Buyer;8/16/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31948, p34
Presents a chart showing bonds issued in the Northeast states and their purposes. State general obligation bonds economic recovery notes in Connecticut; EDA cigarette revenue bonds and school bonds in New Jersey; Approval status and expected sale date.
- ALABAMA: Jefferson's Legal Bill. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/30/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32518, p51
The article reports that newly elected Republicans have faced closely $600,000 legal bill from a recently settled court challenge of $1 billion in school bonds, after joining an incumbent Republican on the Jefferson County Commission in Alabama. The general fund should be tapped to pay a...
- Virginia Lawmaker Proposes $407M for Higher Ed construction. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;2/4/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32807, p4
The article reports on the bill introduced by House Appropriations Chairman Lacey Putney that would authorize $407 million of revenue bonds for the construction and renovation of state college facilities in Virginia. The bill, pending in the state's House of Delegates, fell far short of...