Bond Plan Advances
- Concord, N.H., Selling $10M Today For Downtown Sears Block Project. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;7/21/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32179, p28
Reports on the sale of general obligation bonds by Concord as part of the city's plan to revive its downtown in New Hampshire. Purchase of a 500-space municipal parking garage on Concord's Main Street; Revaluation of residential and commercial construction projects; Usage of tax stabilization...
- California JPA OKs Zoning for Air Cargo Facility. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;9/27/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31977, p4
Reports on the approval granted to the zoning of a commercial air cargo hub at the March Air Reserve Base in Riverside, California. Authorization of the issuance of multimillion dollar worth of industrial developments bonds by the board of March Joint Powers Authority; Amount of the bonds; Plan...
- Three Ways We Subsidize Sprawl. Slack, Enid // Alternatives Journal (A\J) - Canada's Environmental Voice;Summer2003, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p12
Discusses financial tools that municipalities can use to subsidize urban growth. Development charges; User fees; Property taxes.
- MISSOURI: K.C. Development. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/16/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31305, p33
Reports that officials in Kansas City, Kansas, have unveiled a draft legislation for a downtown development project. Name of the legislation; Creation of local trust authorities charged with managing development with state funding assistance; Plans of the authorities to issue bonds for the...
- Arizona Town's $80 Million Measure Attracts Much Attention Across State. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;5/13/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31634, p6
In the conservative suburbs of Phoenix, Arizona winning approval of a bond issue is never a sure thing. But in the rapidly growing town of Gilbert, an 80 million dollar bond proposal to widen congested streets is generating an unusual level of political rancor. Even conservative Republican...
- Las Cruces, N.M., Sets $33M Sale To Fund City Hall, Other Projects. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;8/9/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32192, p29
Reports on the allocation of proceeds from a scheduled competitive sale of gross receipts tax revenue bonds in Las Cruses, New Mexico. Deal with needs related to population growth; Consolidation of a number of scattered city operations; Support of the capital improvement program.
- A Pair of Deals. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;11/17/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31763, p33
Reports on the plan of Washington, D.C., to sell $315 million in new-money general obligation bonds in a pair of transactions beginning the first week of December 2003.
- Maryland Agency Ready to Sell Previously Delayed $90M Deal. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;11/17/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31763, p34
Reports on the Maryland Community Development Administration's plans to issue $90.1 million of capital securitization revenue bonds in November 2003. Structure of the deal; Use of proceeds from the bond issue.
- New Orleans Kicks Off Series of Water, Sewer Sales With $117 Million Deal. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;11/17/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31763, p34
Reports on the water and sewerage service bond offering planned by New Orleans, Louisiana, in November 2003. Structure of the deal; Use of proceeds from the issue.