N.J. Officials Craft Novel Dual-Agency Deal to Build, Refurbish Bridges
- TxDOT presents bridge plans. Kanz, Melissa // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);10/10/2007, Vol. 135 Issue 41, p17A
The article reports developments related to the construction of a bridge by the Texas Department of Transportation, to replace the U.S. 281 bridge over Lake Marble Falls.
- Debate on river crossings resumes. Shea, Bill // Crain's Detroit Business;5/12/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 19, p3
The article reports that Michigan State legislators are planning to launch an effort to keep plans for a new bridge between Detroit and Windsor, Ontario in the public spotlight, a scheme likely to shine equal light on the debate over the necessity of another crossing and a competing Ambassador...
- Untitled. // New Yorker;1/16/1971, Vol. 79 Issue 7/, p89
The article comments on a report in the Pennsylvania newspaper "Wilkes-Barre Record" about the construction of a bridge to replace an old one that did not meet the specifications of the state's Highways Department.
- Cardiff Council plans lorry bridge into historic park. Tindall, Chris // Commercial Motor;9/18/2008, Vol. 208 Issue 5298, p12
The article informs that Cardiff Council has planned to build a dedicated lorry bridge that will allow hauliers unrestricted access into the historic Bute Park. The local authority estimates that between 50 and 100 Heavy Goods Vehicles (HGVs) travel into the park every week to supply the...
- Manitoba Winter Road Bridges. // Canadian Consulting Engineer;Jan/Feb2006, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p25
The article reports on the selection of Acres by the Manitoba Transportation and Government Services to create an alternative steam crossing design for the winter road network in distant areas of northern Manitoba. The company developed a generic bridge suitable for all kinds of vehicles and...
- BRIDGES TO SOMEWHERE. McCorkle, Vern C. // Alaska Business Monthly;Jan2006, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p6
The article reports on the U.S. Congress' allocation of highway funds to Alaska. The money was taken from the 1965 Highway Trust Fund that was created to finance mass transit projects. The appropriation will be used for the construction of a bridge to an airport to replace an often drenching...
- Some push for new look at funding for bridge study. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;9/3/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 36, p1
The article reports on issues concerning the Detroit River International Crossing (DRIC) study that was aimed at examining the creation of another bridge across the Detroit River in Detroit, Michigan. According to Sarah Hubbard, vice president of government relations for the Detroit Regional...
- Bill doesn't unite sides on Detroit River span. Shea, Bill // Crain's Detroit Business;9/13/2010, Vol. 26 Issue 38, p3
The article presents information related to the revised legislative bill that would allow Michigan Department of Transportation to build and operate a new Detroit River bridge through a public-private partnership.
- HIGHWAY HAPPENINGS. // Overdrive;Jan2008, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p63
The article offers updates on developments related to transportation and highways in the U.S. Trucks weighing more than six tons are barred from the Highway 120 bridge over the River four miles east of Florence in Colorado. Meanwhile, the demolition of the 46th Street Bridge over in Minneapolis...