Debate Over Contaminated Site Continues in Kansas
- Police urge speedy action to clean up home drug factories. Marris, Emma // Nature;3/10/2005, Vol. 434 Issue 7030, p129
Explains that United States congressman Bart Gordon put together a legislative bill to fund research into methamphetamine's health risks and to devise standards for decontamination of home drug factories. Drug can be cooked on a hotplate from easily acquired ingredients such as cold remedies and...
- Like Comet for toxins. Uehling, Mark; DiChristina, Mariette // Popular Science;Jul96, Vol. 249 Issue 1, p39
Examines the alkaline peroxide UltraKleen powder and its use in Ohio in 1994 to clean up the pesticide methylparathione. Description of UltraKleen powder; Future uses of the substance.
- Waterways Benefit from Sediment Decontamination. Mouche, Carol // Pollution Engineering;Oct2000, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p51
Reports the federal government's focus on sediment decontamination technology which benefit waterways in the United States. Contracts awarded for sediment processing; Applicability for cleaning contaminated harbors; Basic methods for dredging sediments.
- Cycle times for hydrogen peroxide vapour decontamination. Otter, Jonathan A.; Yezli, Saber // Canadian Journal of Microbiology;Apr2010, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p356
A letter to the editor in response to the article "Application of a Novel Decontamination Process Using Gaseous Ozone," by J. Moat and colleagues is presented.
- Anthrax-Scrubbing Bubbles. // Poptronics;Mar2002, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p11
Reports the development of decontamination formulation from the National Nuclear Security Administration of Sandia National Laboratories in the United States. Applicability of the decon foam in the contamination of anthrax; Licensing agreement of the company with Modec Inc. to commercialize the...
- Cleaning up pesticides with yellow irises. // BioCycle;May97, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p6
Reports that marsh plants grown in farm lagoons could clean up pesticide contaminants in waterways, based on study by Rob McKinlay and Charles Kasparek of the Scottish Agricultural College in Edinburgh, Scotland published in the `New Scientist' journal. Decontamination by microbes in marsh...
- What are the differences between definitive, non-definitve decon. McCreedie, John // Fire Chief Expert Blog;2/14/2013, p5
The article discusses two types of decon, namely, definitive and non-definitive.
- Letters To The Editor. Zielsdorf, Randy // Cleaning & Maintenance Management;Apr2013, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p8
A letter to the editor is presented which incorporates the topics cleaning for physical appearance and use of decontaminant.
- Private Disaster Cleanup. Wilson, Jim; Brill, Louis; Cina, Mark; Coledan, Stefano; Fillon, Mike; Turnbull, Andy // Popular Mechanics;Oct2002, Vol. 179 Issue 10, p26
Introduces a mobile decontamination center offered by kitchen and bath product maker Kohler.