Municipal Prices Finish Day Mixed; Treasury Curve Steepens on Oil Spike (93%)
- MARKET INDEX. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;8/25/2003, Vol. 21 Issue 34, p29
Reports on the performance of stocks in the U.S., as of August 25, 2003. Index price per share at the Dow Jones Index; Municipal bond current market level; Interest rates.
- A Pension Bond Reality Check. Sloan, Allan // Pro Publica;Sep2015, p1
The article focuses on impact of pension obligation bonds on stock market of the U.S. Topics discussed include issues concerning underfunded government pensions, plans of the government to borrow money at low rates and invest in stocks to earn higher interests, and decreased interest rates on...
- MARKET INDEX. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;12/22/2003, Vol. 21 Issue 51, p22
Presents an update on securities trading in the U.S. as of December 17, 2003. Increase in Dow Jones index; Municipal bond current market levels; Interest rates; Commodity prices.
- Municipal Bonds Gain, Stocks Slump Ahead of Busy New-Issue Calendar. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;8/5/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31442, p2
Reports the increasing prices for municipal bonds in the U.S. Growth of the non-farm payroll; Decline of demand for manufactured goods; Alleviation of the interest rates.
- Munis Drop With Governments; Florida Board of Ed. Sells $324M. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;9/26/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31479, p2
Reports the implications of the retreat of the Treasury from a stock advance on the state of municipal bonds in the U.S. Loss of favorable earnings; Vulnerability of the bonds for interest rates; Bond rating of the issue.
- Municipal Bond Prices Finish Higher; Morgan Stanley Wins N.Y.S. EFC Deal. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;10/1/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31482, p2
Reports the status of the municipal bond market in the U.S. as of October 2002. Percentage yielded by the two-year note of the Treasury Department; Possibility of cutting short-term interest rates; Speculations on the duration of Treasury bond volatility.
- Falling Prices Have Investors Wary of de Minimis Limit. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;10/30/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31502, p37
Reports on the effects of falling bond prices on the supply of municipal bonds issues in the U.S. Increase in municipal bond prices; Decrease in the triple-A general obligation bond benchmark yield; Rise in interest rates.
- Backup in rates leaves big buyers both hot and cold. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;03/02/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30589, p6
Assesses the performance of the municipal bonds market in the United States. Backup in interest rates getting mixed reactions from institutional investors; Buying opportunities in the secondary market; Back Bay Advisors Inc. portfolio manager Jim Welch's purchase of Massachusetts Water...
- Volume Fell To $17.1B In January Rate Predictions Slow Issuance. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;2/2/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31812, p1
Reports on the declining municipal bond market issuance in New York. Escalation of interest rates; Result of the low-rate economy; Response of the market participants on the issuance prediction.