Kansas City Fed: Manufacturing Up
- Despite poor first half, manufacturers express hope for late rebound. Madden, Tobias // Fedgazette;Nov2001 Supplement, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p21
Reports on the impact of the decline in manufacturing based on a survey conducted in August 2001 in Minnesota, Montana and South Dakota. Condition of production, employment, investment and profit levels for the first half of the year 2001; Outlook of the respondents on profit levels for the...
- Unmaking Britain. Mendoza, Morice // Director;Dec2003, Vol. 57 Issue 5, p58
Discusses the transition of the manufacturing sector in Great Britain as of December 2003. Contributions of the sector to jobs and production output; Failure of developed economies to replace old labor-intensive manufacturing industries; Statement issued by David Garel Rhys, chairman of motor...
- Texas plants roaring. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;4/29/2014, pA02
The Dallas Fed's Manufacturing Outlook index rose for the 12th straight month to 11.7 in April, well ahead of expectations and the March reading of 4.9. The production index rose to a 4-year high of 24.7. New orders also hit a 4-year high, and jobs a 2-year high.
- Economic Insight. McClenahen, John S. // Industry Week/IW;Apr2006, Vol. 255 Issue 4, p42
Discusses the trends in employment, capacity utilization and production of manufacturing companies in the U.S. from February 2005 to January 2006. Manufacturing output in January; Increase in factory operating rate; State of the U.S. labor market.
- Show Us the Jobs. Maggs, John // National Journal;11/10/2007, Vol. 39 Issue 43, p62
The article focuses on the continued growth in manufacturing output and a decline in employment in the U.S. According to President George W. Bush, the increase in exports and manufacturing deliver strong economic development despite the challenges pose by the housing downturn and credit crunch....
- MANUFACTURING OUTLOOK. Hayes, Steven W.; Keegan III, Charles E.; Morgan, Todd A.; Sorenson, Colin B. // Montana Business Quarterly;Summer2013, Vol. 51 Issue 2, p15
The article discusses the results of a survey of manufacturers in Montana. The survey revealed a continued improvement in the operating conditions of the state's manufacturers in 2012 compared to 2011. Fifty percent of manufacturers reported increased sales and increased production for 2012....
- MAPI forecast: Exports could aid 2009 view. // Business Journal (Central New York);6/6/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 23, p14
The article offers a market outlook for the U.S. manufacturing industry. The Manufacturers Alliance/MAPI Quarterly Economic Forecast projects manufacturing-production growth to decline by 0.4 percent in 2008 before rebounding to 3.1 percent in 2009. It also sees the inflation-adjusted growth of...
- Economic Insight. McClenahen, John S. // Industry Week/IW;Sep2006, Vol. 255 Issue 9, p56
This article presents graphs representing the economic performance of the U.S. manufacturing industry, including manufacturing production, capacity utilization, and employment.
- K.C. Fed: February Manufacturing Weak. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;2/29/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32826, p38
The article reports on the economic condition of the manufacturing industry in Kansas City, Kansas. According to the article, the states manufacturing industry in February 2008 has attained a weaker condition wherein its production index decreases to negative five as well as its export index...