Fitch Places Mass. Turnpike Authority Highway Bonds on Negative Watch
- Fitch Puts MassPike's $2.24B of Highway System Debt on Negative Watch. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;9/10/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32958, p3
The article reports on the negative rating of the Massachusetts Turnpike Authority's $2.24 billion of Metropolitan Highway System (MHS) debt. This rating could be attributed to the increasing operating costs and a predicted decrease in debt service coverage. Fitch Ratings affirm that its 162...
- Moody's Revises $2.2 Billion of Big Dig Debt to Negative. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;11/9/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32752, p31
The article reports on the downward revision of Moody's Investors Service Inc.'s outlook on the $2.2 billion bonds issued by Massachusetts Turnpike Authority (MTA). The rating agency revised its to negative from stable, reflecting the decreased traffic numbers and revenues while MTA experiences...
- Bond issue to finance Massachusetts Turnpike restructuring, `bid dig'. Demenchuk, Michael // Bond Buyer;09/15/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30230, p30
Reports on the approval of bond issues in Massachusetts by the state Turnpike Authority. Use of the proceeds from the issues for the authority's Central Artery/Tunnel project; Reasons for choosing the authority in charge of the project; Value of the estimated issues.
- Fitch Lowers MassPike's Big Dig Debt, But Affirms Western Turnpike Rating. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/24/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31498, p3
Reports that rating agency Fitch Ratings has downgraded multi-million dollar worth of bonds sold by Massachusetts Turnpike Authority. Factors responsible for the downgrade of the bonds; Affirmation of MTA's western turnpike rating; Concerns regarding MTA's finances.
- NORTHEAST Bond-Watch. // Bond Buyer;12/29/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31789, p25
No abstract available.
- Masspike to issue $600 million, chairman says. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;02/18/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30581, p4
Reports that the Massachusetts Turnpike Authority intends to issue $600 million of revenue bonds in March 1999 according to Chairman James Kerasiotes. Plan unveiled by Kerasiotes; Need of the turnpike to develop more innovative approaches to its financings; Plan to sell federal grant...
- Mass. Turnpike Authority to Move Forward With Conservative Toll Plan. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;10/5/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32728, p3
The article announces the decision of the Massachusetts Turnpike Authority (MTA) to move forward with its toll hikes plan in 2007. The authority will conduct public hearings on increasing the cost to passenger cars by 25 cents to $1.25 on Turnpike extensions and additional 50 cents to tunnel...
- MassPike prices bonds in final big sale for Central Artery. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;03/11/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30596, p35
Focuses on the bond sales by the Massachusetts Turnpike Authority to finance the Central Artery/Tunnel project in Boston. Syndicate contracted to lead the bond issuance; Rating of the bonds; Potential problems in the bond sales.
- Critics Assail Proposal on Mass Pike Debt. Kaske, Micitielle // Bond Buyer;7/21/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32922, p1
The article reports on the disapproval of State Treasurer Timothy Cahill and Senator Mark Montigny to the proposal of Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick to have the state extend its double-A credit rating to $2.2 billion of Massachusetts Turnpike Authority (MassPike) debt. Cahill and Montigny...