As Vote Nears, FBI Closes Dallas ISD Investigation With No New Charges
- F.B.I. Investigating School-Lunch Meat Supplier. Rothman, Robert // Education Week;2/26/1986, Vol. 5 Issue 24, p8
The article reports on the investigation conducted by the Federal Bureau of Investigation on charges that L.B. Darling Inc., a supplier of meat products to some of the largest school districts in the U.S., has inserted vegetable filler and water into the meat. According to Jerome B. Rounds,...
- FBI Probes California Development, Airport Agencies. Webster, Keeley // Bond Buyer;12/8/2011, Vol. 378 Issue 33629, p3
The article reports on the investigation conducted by the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) on Inland Valley Development Agencies in California and the San Bernardino International Airport Authority for the alleged fiscal mismanagement and questionable financial oversight.
- FBI authorities probing death of sales director. // Plastics News;6/9/1997, Vol. 9 Issue 15, p18
Reports on the investigation being conducted by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), into the death of Roger Brownlee. Background information in Brownlee; Detailed information on the investigation; Comments from the Pinellas County Sheriff's Department, Sergeant Greg Tita.
- FBI Corruption Probe. Quinn, Lawrence R. // ABA Journal;Apr91, Vol. 77 Issue 4, p28
Reports on a U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation undercover operation named Gambat, seeking to probe corruption in Illinois. Indictments against a state senator, a Chicago judge and public officials; Charges against the defendants.
- DECADES OF FBI SURVEILLANCE UNVEILED. Balter, Michael // Advocate;12/11/84, Issue 409/410, p25
Reports on the unveiling of the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation's (FBI) surveillance of gay and lesbian movement. Excerpt from a FBI memorandum which indicates surveillance of gay and lesbian groups; Steps taken by gay professor Dan Siminoski to fight against government surveillance; Role...
- MyDoom may have a hidden agenda. Tullett, Jon // SC Magazine: For IT Security Professionals;Feb2004, p14
Examines the origin of the MyDoom computer worm that spread on the Internet in January 2004. Damages caused by the worm; Investigation launched by the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation on the MyDoom worm; Speculations over the objective of the worm; Background on the process used by the worm...
- Reining in the FBI. Schorr, Daniel // New Leader;May/Jun2001, Vol. 84 Issue 3, p3
Comments on the failure of the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in dealing with several criminal cases in the country and abroad. Involvement of the bureau on the case of Oklahoma bomber Timothy J. McVeigh; Conflict on the investigation conducted by the bureau on the Khobar Towers...
- FBI Raids ISD. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/11/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32047, p31
The article informs that agents from the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) searched the main offices of the Pharr-San Juan-Alamo Independent School District, temporarily closing the South Texas school system's administrative offices. It informs that agents also raided the homes of school...
- Investigations of Terrorist Financing, Money Laundering, and Other Financial Crimes: GAO-04-464R. // GAO Reports;2/20/2004, p1
After the tragic events of September 11, 2001, federal efforts to wage a seamless, coordinated campaign against sources of terrorist financing became critically important. In May 2003, the Attorney General and the Secretary of Homeland Security signed a Memorandum of Agreement (Agreement)...