Hevesi Looks Upstate
- WHAT SHOULD ELIOT SPITZER DO ABOUT ALAN HEVESI? // Crain's New York Business;11/27/2006, Vol. 22 Issue 48, p11
The article offers information about the findings of an opinion poll in New York concerning how incoming governor Eliot Spitzer should handle Comptroller Alan Hevesi, who used a state employee to chauffeur his wife. Thirty -five percent of the 416 respondents say he should be asked to resign...
- Bethel construction tirm loses NY highway contract. // Fairfield County Business Journal;11/14/2005, Vol. 44 Issue 46, p6
The article reports that New York state Comptroller Alan Hevesi has repealed a forty-six million contract awarded to Worth Construction to build an interchange between Interstates 87 and 84 near Newburgh, New York. New York State Thruway Authority Executive Director Michael Fleischer had agreed...
- Erie Oversight Resignation. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;12/12/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32276, p33
The article reports that Janet Penksa has resigned from the Erie County Fiscal Stability Authority (ECFSA) in New York. She was working as a board member for the ECFSA. She was appointed by Democratic state Comptroller Alan Hevesi. She has resigned to avoid conflict of interest. She had got the...
- Hevesi Outlines 2Q Schedule for N.Y. Agencies. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;4/15/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32112, p4
Reports on the release of the borrowing schedule for state authorities by the Comptroller Alan G. Hevesi in New York. Volume of the anticipated bond sales; Amount of the taxable and tax-exempt debt offered by state's Housing Finance Agency; Auction-rate debt of the transactions of the housing...
- City comptroller at Crain's breakfast. // Crain's New York Business;06/02/97, Vol. 13 Issue 22, p27
Reports that New York City Comptroller Alan Hevisi will speak at `Crain 's New York Business' breakfast forum on June 18, 1997. Issues to be discussed at the event; Who sponsored the event.
- Non-bonding promise. Feiden, Doug; Mirabella, Alan // Crain's New York Business;2/14/94, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p6
Reports on New York City Comptroller Alan G. Hevesi's waiting until 1995 to decide on new procedures for bond underwriters. Campaign on reducing the number of bond sales negotiated behind closed doors; Expectation on First Deputy Comptroller Michael Geffrad's recommendation for new procedures...
- Hevesi practicing tabloid economics. // Crain's New York Business;08/18/97, Vol. 13 Issue 33, p8
Opinion. Presents information on the return of Alan Hevesi to tabloid economics. Questions asked by Hevesi; Conclusions reach by Hevesi; What statistical information showed.
- Comptroller to address city finances, mayor's race. // Crain's New York Business;3/4/96, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p12
Reports that New York City Comptroller Alan Hevesi will discuss New York's budget, at the next Crain's New York Business breakfast forum; Who sporsored the program; What will be discussed by Hevesi.
- Budget gimmick. // New York Amsterdam News;5/4/96, Vol. 87 Issue 18, p8
Presents a caption story showing New York City Comptroller Alan G. Hevesi, who deliver the keynote address at the hall meeting in Brooklyn, sponsored by City Councilmember Lloyd Henry. What Hevesi spoke about; Hevesi's criticism of Mayor Rudolph Giuliani's use of fiscal gimmicks and `one-shots'...