House Sends $59.6 Billion Transportation Bill to Senate
- House set to consider bond cap. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;11/3/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30761, p1
Focuses on United States House of Representatives' consideration of proposals to speed up the increase in the private-activity bond volume cap. Goal of raising the low-income housing tax credit limit; Uncertainty over the fate of two-bond related provisions in a minimum-wage increase bill.
- Housing Bond Bill Reintroduced in House. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;1/9/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31549, p26
Reports that a major housing bond bill was reintroduced in the U.S. House by Republican party member Amo Houghton as of January 2003. Committee in which Houghton is a member; Details of the bill according to an aide of Houghton; Views of the executive director of the National Council of State...
- House Measure Gives Conservation Group OK to Buy Land With Bonds. Duff, Susanna // Bond Buyer;3/20/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31597, p6
Reports that the U.S. House approved a legislation that would allow a nonprofit conservation group to buy land with tax-exempt bonds and back the bonds with revenue from selling timber grown on the land. Details of the legislation; Legislator that introduced the legislation; Reaction of...
- House Panel May Authorize Study. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;04/15/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30620, p4
Focuses on the United States House Commerce Committee's consideration of the Bond Price Competition Improvement Act of 1999. Possible authorization of a study to determine if rules are needed to improve the reporting of price information in the municipal market.
- House Bill Offers Bond Boost. Schroeder, Peter; Dutton, Audrey // Investment Dealers' Digest;3/5/2010, Vol. 76 Issue 9, p9
The article offers information on the revised bill approved by the U.S. House of Representatives on March 4, 2010. According to the author, the revised bill would allow bond issuers to sell four kinds of tax-credit bonds. These bonds will receive a direct Build America Bond-style subsidy payment...
- No Experts On Munis for House Panel. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;01/03/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31049, p1
No abstract available.
- Higher Ed Bonds. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;3/8/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32085, p31
Reports on the plan to delay the hearings on the higher education bond measure by the U.S. House.
- House Green-Lights Extenders Bill, Senate OK Unclear. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;12/10/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33231, p5
The article reports on the approval by the U.S. House of Representatives on the new legislation regarding bonds approaching expiration in the U.S. on December 9, 2009. It notes that the extenders bill would boost economic development, however, the Senate is doubtful whether to approve the...
- Tax Reconciliation Package Battle Continues. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;1/11/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32296, p5
The article reports that the U.S. Congress is likely to pick members of a conference committee to settle differences between Senate and the House tax reconciliation bills. The Senate version of the tax reconciliation legislation includes pooled bonds restrictions and a broker-dealer reporting...