Muni Prices Stable in Light Trading As Treasuries React to GDP Figures
- Munis and Treasuries Weaken After Strong GDP Growth in 3d Quarter. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;10/31/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31752, p2
Reports on the performance of the bond market in the United States on October 30, 2003. Weakening of municipal bonds and Treasuries due to better-than-expected third-quarter gross domestic product growth; Secondary market activity.
- Munis Finish Mixed; GDP Weaker Than Expected. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;1/30/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32308, p2
The article reports that participants in the municipal bond market in the United States have mixed emotions as fourth quarter gross domestic product growth came in weaker than expected in 2005. The Commerce Department supported the government bond market when it reported real gross domestic...
- Municipals Firm in Quiet Trading, Ending $7.9B Week of New Deals. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;11/24/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31768, p2
Reports on the status of the municipal bond market in the U.S. as of November 2003. Impact of the growth of gross domestic product on the bonds market; Estimates on the total amount of lost bond funds; Comparative level of outflows and inflows taxable bond funds.
- Munis Weaker on GDP Data, Unmoved FOMC. Riggs, Taylor // Bond Buyer;8/1/2013, Vol. 385 Issue 33955, p2
The article reflects on the weakening of municipal bond market in the U.S., as per the gross domestic product report.
- Munis Drop 3 to 5 Basis Points; Treasuries Rise on Favorable Data. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;8/29/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31709, p2
Reports that municipal bond yields dropped down by three and five basis points on August 28, 2003 in light to moderate trading boosted by treasury bills which continued to gain upward momentum as the session progressed. Impact of the increase in first time applications for unemployment...
- Munis Rise as Treasuries Climb On Lower-Than-Expected GDP. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;8/2/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31938, p2
Reports developments related to municipal bonds in the bond market in the U.S. as of August 2, 2004. Improvement in the Treasuries; Growth in the advance second-quarter gross domestic product; Role of the decline in consumption spending on the second-quarter growth rate.
- Munis Finish Mixed; Buyers Stay on Sidelines Ahead of Eventful Week. Johnson, Anastasija; Bill Curran // Bond Buyer;11/1/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32001, p2
Reports developments on the bond market in the U.S. as of November 1, 2004. Level of bond prices in the municipal bond market; Consumer sentiment index; Growth in gross domestic product in the third quarter of year 2004.
- Final Third-Quarter GDP Shows 0.5% Contraction. // Bond Buyer;12/29/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33030, p2
The article reports on the 0.5% contraction growth in the third-quarter gross domestic product (GDP) in the U.S. in 2008. It is indicated that the data in the third-quarter GDP show revised residential structures higher, but non-residential investment in the form of equipment and software were...
- Munis Unchanged in Event-Free Session. Scarchilli, Michael; Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;4/23/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32613, p2
The article reports on the stable performance of the U.S. municipal bond market for the week ended Friday, April 20, 2007. According to traders, bond trading activities have all been pretty good in the week. Joel Naroff, president of Naroff Economic Advisors, believed that Friday was a big day...