New reform laws aimed at restoring investors confidence
- Maintenance of a hazard-free workplace. Hood, Michale A. // Orange County Business Journal;3/10/97, Vol. 20 Issue 10, pA-7
Identifies various legal requirements and suggestions for compliance to the Corporate Criminal Responsibility Act in the United States. Prevention of illness and injury and disclosure of hazardous conditions; Methods and procedures for timely correction of unsafe or unhealthy conditions. ...
- The Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Boyle, Edwrad J.; Knopf, Fred N. // CPA Journal;Apr96, Vol. 66 Issue 4, p44
Presents an overview of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Summary of the reform act; History of the legislation; Specific provisions.
- The Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995: Impact on accountants. Goldwasser, Dan L. // CPA Journal;Jan1997, Vol. 67 Issue 1, p72
Reports on the impact on accountants of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Discouragement of abusive securities litigation; Difficulty for accounting firms to be held liable in securities law cases; Implementation of aggressive document destruction policies.
- Audits and illegality under the Litigation Reform Act. Pitt, Harvey L.; Hardison, David B. // Corporate Board;May/Jun96, Vol. 17 Issue 98, p15
Discusses some of the provisions under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 in the United States. Reduction in the accounting litigation costs; Steps to be taken for the satisfaction of the law's requirements; Audit standards under Section 10A; Violations of the law and breaches...
- Choosing the proper business entity. Egloff, John L. // Indianapolis Business Journal;10/18/93, Vol. 14 Issue 29, The Law Journal p42
Provides insights on the selection of the form of legal entity in which a particular business will operate. Factors to consider; Sole proprietorship; Partnership; Requirements for establishing and maintaining a limited partnership; Establishment of a corporation as an `S' or a `C' corporation;...
- Legislating corporate social responsibility. Hemphill, Thomas A. // Business Horizons;Mar/Apr97, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p53
Discusses about the legislative policy proposals that would offer corporations a variety of economic incentives for implementing business policies exhibit concern for the well being of the employees, communities, and society. Definition of corporate social responsibility; The A-Corp public...
- Bill limits liability regarding personnel files. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;10/30/95, Vol. 11 Issue 44, p4
Presents news updates related to corporate legislation in the United States. Includes implications of House Bill 5137 if passed by the United States Congress on the employer's immunity from civil liability upon disclosure of an employee's personnel file; Introduction of Senate bill 728 to...
- Biz bits. // American Printer;Oct96, Vol. 218 Issue 1, p20
Presents an excerpt from a `BusinessWeek' article on a draft United States legislation proposing the R corporations.
- Lawyers undermine securities law reform. Lipowicz, Alice // Crain's New York Business;09/15/97, Vol. 13 Issue 37, p17
Presents information on the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act which was pushed in 1995 through the new federal law limiting legal some legal attacks. Comments from Richard E. Kroon, managing partner of The Sprout Group; Information on the bill; Statistical information showing securities...