nothing ventured, nothing gained
- Gary Spinosa: PHILOSOPHER'S STONE. Bavaro, John // Ceramics Monthly;Dec2007, Vol. 55 Issue 10, p48
An excerpt from a catalog by Bruce Gallery Director John Bavaro is presented.
- in THIS ISSUE. // Studio Potter;Summer2008, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p2
The article discusses the "Tools and Technology" theme of the Summer 2008 issue of "Studio Potter."
- An Introduction to British Ceramics. Simpson, Richard V. // Antiques & Collecting Magazine;Aug2010, Vol. 115 Issue 6, p30
The article explores the introduction of British ceramics, where there were 80 different potters in Staffordshire County, England in 1786.
- Taking Website Tax Deductions. Battersby, Mark E. // Ceramics Monthly;Feb2001, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p105
Focuses on Website tax deductions for potters and ceramics artists in the United States. Reduction of business taxes; Reduction of out-of-pocket costs for developing and operating a Web site; Website software.
- A 21st-Century Potter. Buskirk, Janet // Ceramics Monthly;Mar2002, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p69
Comments on the career of the author as a professional potter in Portland, Oregon. Partners in studio; Preference for wood firing; Number of pots sold; Establishment of professional career through ceramic coyotes; Achievements in career.
- SCHOOL AND BEYOND. Cantrell, Andy // Ceramics Monthly;May2000, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p66
Focuses on a potter's interest in communicating the ideas of his works to the viewer. Development of more balanced, reasonable forms; Real strength of ceramic teapots; Importance of ceramics in education; Practical role of pottery; Diversity of expression through clay.
- Editorial. // Ceramic Review;Mar/Apr2010, Issue 242, p13
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including a feature on potters who will exhibit at the Ceramic Art London, another about the use of color in clay by Jo Connell and an article on David Whiting's book which offers different perspectives on pottery art.
- Teapot exhibition in the Netherlands. // Ceramics Monthly;Mar1999, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p20
Informs on the exhibition `12x2 Teapots,' featuring 2 teapots by each of 12 Dutch clay artists, presented at Galerie Amphora in Oosterbeek, Netherlands. Participating artists.
- EMERGING ARTISTS 2002. // Ceramics Monthly;May2002, Vol. 50 Issue 5, p54
Presents several ceramic sculptures from emerging artists. Technique used in the sculpture 'Hold it Together,' by Hunter Stamps; Dimensions of 'Yellow Variation,' by John Glumper; Description of 'Earthenware Vessel,' by Madhvi Subrahmanian.