nothing ventured, nothing gained
- Gary Spinosa: PHILOSOPHER'S STONE. Bavaro, John // Ceramics Monthly;Dec2007, Vol. 55 Issue 10, p48
An excerpt from a catalog by Bruce Gallery Director John Bavaro is presented.
- An Introduction to British Ceramics. Simpson, Richard V. // Antiques & Collecting Magazine;Aug2010, Vol. 115 Issue 6, p30
The article explores the introduction of British ceramics, where there were 80 different potters in Staffordshire County, England in 1786.
- Taking Website Tax Deductions. Battersby, Mark E. // Ceramics Monthly;Feb2001, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p105
Focuses on Website tax deductions for potters and ceramics artists in the United States. Reduction of business taxes; Reduction of out-of-pocket costs for developing and operating a Web site; Website software.
- A 21st-Century Potter. Buskirk, Janet // Ceramics Monthly;Mar2002, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p69
Comments on the career of the author as a professional potter in Portland, Oregon. Partners in studio; Preference for wood firing; Number of pots sold; Establishment of professional career through ceramic coyotes; Achievements in career.
- Viktor Schreckengost of Ohio. Schreckengost, Viktor // Studio Potter;Dec82, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p74
A personal narrative is presented, from a transcribed conversation, which covers the history of the author's life as a ceramics artist.
- From There to Here. Keenan, Chris // Ceramic Review;Jul/Aug2014, Issue 268, p52
A personal narrative is presented wherein the author describes his training, influences, and experiences as a ceramic artist and potter.
- in THIS ISSUE. // Studio Potter;Summer2008, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p2
The article discusses the "Tools and Technology" theme of the Summer 2008 issue of "Studio Potter."
- SCHOOL AND BEYOND. Cantrell, Andy // Ceramics Monthly;May2000, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p66
Focuses on a potter's interest in communicating the ideas of his works to the viewer. Development of more balanced, reasonable forms; Real strength of ceramic teapots; Importance of ceramics in education; Practical role of pottery; Diversity of expression through clay.
- Editorial. // Ceramic Review;Mar/Apr2010, Issue 242, p13
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including a feature on potters who will exhibit at the Ceramic Art London, another about the use of color in clay by Jo Connell and an article on David Whiting's book which offers different perspectives on pottery art.