PEOPLE IN THE NEWS
- Emily Loose Joins Godoff. // Publishers Weekly;6/23/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 25, p16
Announces the appointment of Emily Loose as senior editor at Penguin Press. Her career background; Books that she edited.
- Sarah McGrath. // Publishers Weekly;5/5/2014, Vol. 261 Issue 18, p8
The article profiles Sarah McGrath, executive editor of the publishing company Riverhead, as of May 2014. Topics include the company's critical and commercial success including four bestselling titles in 2013, McGrath's background and education including a degree in English from Harvard...
- Penguin to stage another classic contest. // Publishers Weekly;1/8/96, Vol. 243 Issue 2, p24
Reports that Penguin Books USA Inc. is staging several promotions and a contest to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Penguin Classics. Promotional material for bookstores.
- Pint-size paperbacks. Tresniowski, Alex // People;9/4/95, Vol. 44 Issue 10, p33
Reports on Penguin Books' release of its four-by-five-inch, pint-size paperbacks by authors including Dorothy Parker, John Steinbeck and Mark Twain.
- Penguin: A famous name in sad decline. Gott, Richard // New Statesman;03/14/97, Vol. 126 Issue 4325, p47
Opinion. Comments on the factors that led to the decline of Penguin Books USA Inc. Company's design and marketing standards; Advice to the management of Penguin.
- New Penguin royalty reports hailed by agents. Baker, John F.; Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;11/15/1993, Vol. 240 Issue 46, p19
Reports on plans by Penguin USA to redesign its royalty statements. Reasons for the redesigning; Reactions to Penguin's action; Timetable for the implementation of the changes; Details of the plan.
- Roughing it. // Publishers Weekly;10/18/1993, Vol. 240 Issue 42, p21
Reports on Penguin U.S.A.'s distribution of the Rough Guide travel series in America under the original name Real Guides. Packaging and cover designs; Background on the series; Available Rough Guides in various countries.
- Viking Portable: Still carried away after 50 years. B.K. // Publishers Weekly;5/31/93, Vol. 240 Issue 22, p19
Comments on Penguin USA's repackaging of many of the Viking Portable Library titles, first published 50 years ago as a quick-fix for World War II soldiers' demand for portable literature. Penguin's bookstore marketing campaign for the books; San Diego University's Aztec Bookshop sales; Details.
- Penguin realigns adult trade, marketing units. // Publishers Weekly;8/23/1993, Vol. 240 Issue 34, p14
Reports on Penguin USA's announcement of a major restructuring of its adult trade publishing and marketing departments. Executive vice president Marvin Brown and Cathy Hemming's responsibilities; Other changes.