IN THE LOOP
- RH, Kodansha Form Random House Kodansha. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;1/27/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 4, p109
Presents information on the joint venture between Random House in the U.S. and Japanese publishing company Kodansha. Purpose of the joint venture; Terms of the joint venture; Details on the books that will be published by the joint venture.
- Publishing in Japan. // Publishing Industry Profile: Japan;November 2004, p1
Presents a profile of the Publishing industry in Japan. Executive summary of the industry; Market overview; Market value; Market segmentation; Competitive landscape; Leading companies in the industry; Market forecasts; Demographics; Further reading.
- Del Rey: Manga Titles Account For 25% Of Annual Output. // Book Publishing Report;4/11/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 14, p3
Reports that the manga novels of Random House Inc.'s Del Rey imprint has contributed a quarter to the company's total publishing output in 2004 in the U.S. Plan of the company to print more manga novels; Licensing agreement between Del Rey and Japan-based publishing firm Kodansha Ltd.; Total...
- Random House Pushes Further Into E- Publishing, Creates New Imprint. // Book Publishing Report;08/07/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 31, p2
Reports on book publisher Random House's plan to launch a digital publishing unit. Debut of AtRandom in January 2000 with 20 original titles available as ebooks or paperbacks printed-on-demand; Investment in vanity press Xlibris; Formation of a digital audio imprint with Audible Inc.
- RH makes major revisions in terms of sale. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;4/22/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 17, p12
Reports that Random House has instituted major revisions in its terms of sale for its trade publishing groups. Terms which become effective on June 3, 1996, including a flat discount for retailers; Discounts given to Random House's Selective Distribution (SD) customers; The old schedule;...
- RH realigns trade sales and marketing group. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;7/21/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 29, p106
Reports on Random House's plans to restructure its trade sales and marketing unit. The unification of the division's sales and marketing activities for each or Random House's publishing groups; The establishment of a new department for sales planning and information; Comments from Bruce Harris,...
- RANDOM HOUSE, INC. // Gourmet Retailer;Dec2000, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p140
Features the English-language trade publisher Random House Inc. in New York, New York. Company history; Publications of the company; Details on the merchandising support programs of the firm.
- In Japan, Books Are Windows to the World. Schiffrin, Andr� // Publishing Research Quarterly;Summer2004, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p40
This article presents information on the publishing industry in Japan. Japanese publishing is, at this point, still relatively prelapsarian when it comes to conglomeration. There are very large firms, such as Kodansha and Shogakukan, but altogether, he top three firms account for less than a...
- Publishers Seeking The Right Title Mix. Tan, Teri // Publishers Weekly;8/30/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 35, pS6
Reports on the market performance of children's book publishers in Asia as of August 2004. Sun Ya Publishing; Kodansha; Shufunotomo Co. INSET: Selling Asia: An American Publishers Story.