- Taking stock. // San Diego Business Journal;8/14/95, Vol. 16 Issue 33, p27
Profiles Advanced Marketing Services Inc. which distributes general interest, computer and business books to membership warehouses clubs and office product superstores. Performance record; Board of directors; Executive compensation; Significant stock ownership.
- Advanced Marketing Services Inc. // San Diego Business Journal;7/11/94, Vol. 15 Issue 28, p24
Profiles Advanced Marketing Services Inc., a distributor of general interest, computer and business books. Value; Performance record for year ended March 31, 1994; Directors; Executive compensation; Significant stock ownership.
- Book distributor says income up 73 percent. // San Diego Business Journal;1/29/96, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p17
Reports that Advanced Marketing Systems Inc. earned a third-quarter net income of $2.9 million for the period ending December 30, 1995.
- Proxy. // San Diego Business Journal;02/03/97, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p31
Profiles Advanced Marketing Services Incorporated. Information on the company's finances; Names of the company's directors; Background information on the company.
- Earnings, margin both up at AMS in fiscal '93. // Publishers Weekly;5/24/1993, Vol. 240 Issue 21, p27
Announces revenue increases for Advanced Marketing Services (AMS), distributor of books to warehouse clubs and office product superstores, of 18 percent for the year ended March 31, 1993. Fields leading the sales growth; AMS chief financial officer Jon Fish; More.
- A disappointing fiscal `94 prompts changes at AMS. Milliott, Jim; Baker, John F. // Publishers Weekly;5/23/1994, Vol. 241 Issue 21, p28
Reports on the steps taken by Advanced Marketing Services (AMS) to return to meaningful profitability in fiscal year 1995. Citing of a significant drop in profits in fiscal year 1994 due to problems stemming from the consolidation of the warehouse club business.
- New AMS stress on electronic publishing. // Publishers Weekly;9/18/1995, Vol. 242 Issue 38, p12
Reports on Advanced Marketing Services (AMS) and its bookselling strategies. Electronic publishing; Creation of a division serving companies selling books online; Distribution of Spanish-language titles.
- AMS looking to diversify customer base in '97. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;8/5/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 32, p273
Reports on Advanced Marketing Services's (AMS) plans to diversify its customer base in fiscal 1997. Addition of new customers from the computer store, pet food and supply, sporting goods and catalogue retailing industries; Acquisition strategy; Evaluation of measures to reduce returns.
- New AMS deal will expand book reach. // Publishers Weekly;11/10/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 46, p14
Reports that Advanced Marketing Services has signed an agreement with International Periodical Distributors (IPD). IPD offering of its magazine distribution services through AMS to AMS's customers, and AMS will offer customized book programs to IPD's magazine customers.