HarperCollins Thought Likely Bidder For AOLTWBG
- Harper Collins won't bit for AOL TW books. Amdur, Meredith // Daily Variety;3/12/2003, Vol. 278 Issue 48, p6
Reports on the decision of News Corp.-owned HarperCollins not to bid for AOL Time Warner consumer book business. Primary focus of News' merger and acquisition resources; Sale of AOL books to reduce its debt load; Estimated market value of the AOL consumer book business.
- AOL Time Warner finds new problems with a group vision. Azeez, Wale // New Media Age;8/1/2002, p16
Discusses problems faced by AOL Time Warner regarding the company's cross-media objective. Background of the merger between America Online and Time Warner; Assessment of the viability of the cross-media ownership; Details of problems resulting from mergers between media companies.
- Don't Add 1+1 in M&A, Try Integrating Them. Silverstein, Ken // Treasury & Risk Management;Mar2003, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p20
Reveals the steps which should have done in order to make the AOL-Time Warner merger work. Strategic mistakes following the merger; Timing of the integration of the operations and personnel of the two businesses; Negative shareholder value in merger and acquisition activity.
- MTV sidelined as Viva dances to AOL TW. Boehm, Erich // Variety;7/1/2002, Vol. 387 Issue 7, p7
Reports that AOL Time Warner Inc. acquired EMI's stake in German music channel Viva on June 21, 2002, thwarting MTV's chances at acquiring the music channel. Percentage of ownership of AOL in Viva; Cost of the acquisition; Competition of MTV and Viva in the German music television market.
- CNN, ABC News End Talks. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;2/17/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p38
Reports that America Online Time Warner Inc. has cancelled its plans of merging Cable News Network (CNN) with ABC News. Reasons for cancelling the transaction; Benefits of the possible merger to CNN.
- AOL turns content acquirer. Woods, Adam // Marketing (00253650);2/16/2011, p15
The article examines the impact of AOL Time Warner's purchase of the Huffington Post to its business operation.
- 'The sites bought seem incredibly niche'. Gallacher, Scott // Marketing (00253650);2/16/2011, p15
In this article, the author discusses the result of AOL Time Warner's strategy for acquisitions.
- Cinram to buy disc unit from AOL Time Warner. // Plastics News;7/21/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 21, p4
Cinram International Inc. has agreed to acquire the optical media manufacturing business of AOL Time Warner Inc. for $1.05 billion. The deal would include AOL Time Warner's domestic and European compact disc and digital versatile disc operations and Ivy Hill, Virginia-based printing business....
- AOL TW not saying no to Cablevision bid. Mermigas, Daine // Electronic Media;05/21/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 21, p8
Reports the possibility of acquiring Cablevision Systems by AOL Time Warner (TW) in the United States. Role of AT&T Corp. in the acquisition; Union of AOL TW and CableVision cable systems; Claim of AOL TW on merger-related restructuring charge.