Dressed for the struggle
- Gregorio's Letter. Pijouan, Teresa // Bilingual Review;Jan-Apr1992, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p59
Presents the Mexican folktale entitled `Gregorio's Letter,' about a man who sent a letter to God.
- Assessment of religious beliefs form. Faiver, Christopher M.; O'Brien, Eugene M. // Counseling & Values;Apr93, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p176
Relates the importance of assessing the religious beliefs of clients for treatment purpose. Information on a format which counselors should use; Importance of evaluating clients; What client assessment involves.
- The content and function of religious and spiritual beliefs. Suyemoto, Karen L.; MacDonald, Marian L. // Counseling & Values;Jan1996, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p143
Reports on a study which used a flexible, data-driven research method to derive an inductive theory concerning the content and function of religious beliefs. Who study was carried out on; Methodology and results of study.
- Peace in a bottle? // Christian Science Monitor;1/27/97, Vol. 89 Issue 42, p17
Focuses on the spiritual and peaceful qualities available to persons who believe and serve God. Biblical quotations which support the author's contention that these qualities originate through God; How to maintain an awareness of these qualities.
- Out of India: Karma and Christ. Moynihan, Maura // Commonweal;8/14/87, Vol. 114 Issue 14, p446
Accounts of faith found in different ways and different places. The stories show individuality and are a reminder that growing up Catholic isn't what it used to be. These accounts are based on interviews and will appear with the stories of a dozen other current or former Catholics in `Once a...
- Not a syllogism but a poem. Buckley, C. // Commonweal;8/14/87, Vol. 114 Issue 14, p452
A story of the author's adult search for faith. Relates his childhood experiences, his father's teaching, his teacher's instructions. After a revolution of sorts he returned to the church and has been back ever since.
- Prayer and the pursuit of public virtue. Macchiarola, Frank // Commonweal;8/14/87, Vol. 114 Issue 14, p440
In anticipation of next October's synod, a number of lay people were asked to reflect on how their Catholic faith is lived out daily, especially in the workplace. It behooves one to find the courage to take risks. The author is a professor of business at Columbia University, New York, N.Y. and...
- Just the facts, Ma'am. Dente, Christine // Marriage Partnership;Spring96, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p10
Relates the author's dedication to the Lord and his Word. Pursuing in a very God-centered sense; Basis of the faith in Jesus; Need for a savior because of sins.
- God and me. Jarboe, J. // Texas Monthly;Feb88, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p116
How five Texans view their faith in God: Stanley Marcus of Neiman Marcus, who no longer practices his Jewish religion; attorney Leslie Benitez, who returned to her faith after ordering Texas' first execution in 18 years; astronaut Charles Duke who is a born-again Christian; industrialist...
- The reconstruction of faith. Niebuhr, H.R. // Christian Century;9/6/89-9/13/89, Vol. 106 Issue 25, p780
Examines the structure and form of human faith. Understanding that the Jesus Christ in whom we have faith once existed in biological form; Jesus as the subject of a betrayal; Ability to trust in the resurrection; Understanding Christ and human nature, and thereby reconstructing faith.