God plays rough for love's sake
- Available to God. // Christian Science Monitor;12/10/96, Vol. 89 Issue 11, p17
Claims that when we listen to God's directions, we can never lose our awareness that we are good. What brings progress and success; What it means to be available to God; One way to be available to serve God; What ensures success.
- How to know what you really want. // Christian Science Monitor;3/14/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 75, p23
Presents the experiences of the author in comparing people to God in order to learn their desires.
- How our understanding of God is being reshape // Commonweal;5/4/84, Vol. 111 Issue 6, p271
Two contemporary phenomena are pushing us toward an expansion and enrichment of our understanding of God: the disintegration and even collapse of many structures which shape our existence; and the impact of the women's movement.
- Science on God. Carlson, S. // Humanist;May/Jun92, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p41
Discusses what is perhaps the most fundamental question of our culture, namely: `Does God exist?' Arguments on both spiritual and scientific sides; Conclusion that the scientific side arguments are more compelling and that God does not exist.
- Dear God,. Patten, C.; Sivanandan, A. // New Statesman & Society;12/20/91-12/27/91, Vol. 4 Issue 182/183, Supplement p8
Presents a sampling of letters to God written by readers of `New Statesman &Society.' Diverse beliefs and disbeliefs; How the concept of God and religion has affected their lives; Requests for assistance; Confessions of sin; Worship and criticis m; More.
- Facing the unity of God. Kushner, L. // Tikkun;May92, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p49
No abstract available.
- The divine parent. Marty, M.E. // Christian Century;12/20/89 - 12/27/89, Vol. 106 Issue 39, p1215
Comments on the image of God as parent. How parents view children; Using the term `Parent' instead of `Father'; Meaning of Christmas.
- Flipping the world on its head. Goetz, R. // Christian Century;5/2/90, Vol. 107 Issue 15, p459
Comments on God's turning the world upside down. Changing society; Why Western atheism is `Christian'; Discerning God's will.
- It pleased God. // Christian Century;1/30/91, Vol. 108 Issue 4, p127
Commentary. Offers Martin E. Marty's thoughts about the providence of God as manifested in the voyage of the Mayflower.
- A hidden and playful God. Lane, B.C. // Christian Century;9/30/87, Vol. 104 Issue 27, p812
Examines the meanings behind the hiddenness of God, which is not meant to promote obscurity and remoteness, but rather can be seen as a game of hide-and-seek. Compassion of God.