Improve lateral communication
- Eschewing the urge to obfuscate. // Supervisory Management;Jun95, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p5
Urges the use of simple words in written and spoken communication in order to prevent confusion. Etiology and bimonthly as two increasingly common problem words.
- Become a better communicator. Lewis, Jan // Women in Business;Jul/Aug96, Vol. 48 Issue 4, p32
Outlines ways on how to better communicate in paper or in person. Includes placing an emphasis on listening; Considerations in preparing a public speech; Steps in preparing a proposal.
- Becoming a better communicator. // Women in Business;Jul/Aug96, Vol. 48 Issue 4, p35
Presents a quiz on how to become a good communicator.
- Increasing educational videos' effectiveness. // USA Today Magazine;Dec95, Vol. 124 Issue 2607, p16
Presents information on increasing educational videos' effectiveness. Remarks by Katherine S. Cennamo, assistant professor of instructional development at Purdue University; Improving video instruction suggestions.
- Ways to avoid corporate-speak. Young, Davis // Public Relations Tactics;Jul96, Vol. 3 Issue 7, p5
Presents ways in avoiding corporate-speak. Communicating on ordinary ways; Use of the people's own language; Characteristics of reputation-building communications.
- THE PATIENT WHO COULDN'T SPEAK. Ross, Dennis W. // Saturday Evening Post;Sep/Oct92, Vol. 264 Issue 5, p64
Recounts the experiences of the author, then a medical student, with Harry, a patient who, unable to speak, communicated by Morse code. How stroke affected Harry's ability to communicate; Harry's experiences just prior to attack on Pearl Harbor; Special nature of communicating via Morse code;...
- COMMUNICATION BREAKDOWN. // Saturday Evening Post;Mar/Apr93, Vol. 265 Issue 2, p36
Features caricatures on communication mishaps. Married couples; Single woman seeing a marriage counselor; Dating; School children discussing report cards.
- LMDS: A wireless bandwith bonanza puts ILECs on notice. Allen, Doug // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;May98, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p51
Looks at the role of local multipoint distribution system (LMDS) technology in the communication industry. What this technology will provide; Indication that the LMDS will be a $4 billion market by the year 2003; Information on applications for LMDS; Problems that can affect this technology;...
- Switched services access network architecture. Berkowitz, Paul // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;May98, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p64
Looks at the analog two-wire, loop-signaled interface method for providing voice services. Description of three imperatives that have driven changes in access network architectures; Information on public-switched voice service; Advantages of using fiber optic or digital microwave transport.
- New services. Allen, Doug // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;May98, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p76
Presents news items pertaining to developments in communication. Introduction of a value-added service package of Web applications for enterprise e-commerce called Reach from GTE Internetworking; Features of the Global Internet Services from Infonet; Information on a VSAT satellite service...