Drama as an integral part of the early childhood curriculum
- Grading papers. Burgan, Mary // Academe;Nov/Dec97, Vol. 83 Issue 6, p2
Opinion. Presents information on the teaching profession, with emphasis on the grading of examination papers. Comparison of a teacher to a teaching assistant; What students and taxpayers are paying for higher education.
- Grading the faculties of education. Hatton, Joanne // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;2/15/93, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p33
States that a provincial task force on Teacher Education set up by the provincial Council on Alberta Teaching Standards (COATS) looks at ways to improve teacher training. When COATS was created; Goals; Possibility of faculty program for teachers; Different methods of teaching; Public concern...
- Scratch an `engenderer of self-esteem' and find an ineffective moralist in disguise. Byfield, Ted; Byfield, Virginia // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;9/20/93, Vol. 20 Issue 40, p41
Argues that both the traditional and the modern educational formulae have shortcomings. Difficulties with the self-esteem approach; How the teacher must arbitrarily decide which kinds of conduct should be used to establish self-esteem and which shall not; Credibility of advice from Dr. Gabor...
- The class of '96. Nilson, N. // American Spectator;Nov91, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p24
Recounts the experiences of a student teacher in an `inner-city' high school in St. Paul, Minnesota. The `tracking system' used; Struggling to maintain an atmosphere short of complete chaos; Discipline problems.
- Windows of opportunity: Access to teaching careers. Sorensen, C.G. // Black Collegian;Mar/Apr92, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p136
Contends that teachers have a unique opportunity to shelter and provide support for the nation's most precious resource--youth. Why African-American teachers are needed at every level; Needs for role models; Assessing academic strengths and weaknesses; Other considerations. INSET: Lawrence...
- Teaching opportunities directory. // Black Collegian;Mar/Apr92, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p183
Presents the `Black Collegian' magazine's teaching opportunities directory. Information about school systems that have job openings; How to contact employers for more information; Career options.
- Teaching opportunities index. // Black Collegian;Mar/Apr92, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p186
Presents the `Black Collegian' magazine's teaching opportunities index. How to contact employers; More information about job opportunities; School systems/districts listed by state.
- Weather lessons with Ponce de Leon. Baldauf, Scott // Christian Science Monitor;4/14/97, Vol. 89 Issue 96, p13
Reports on the new standard for teaching social studies in Virginia elementary schools. Need for integration of teaching materials to connect with children
- The moral teacher. Wynne, Edward A. // Curriculum Review;Dec93, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p3
Describes the teachers' role in moral teaching. Historical background of teaching and moral transmission; Relationship with contemporary teaching; Teacher's moral obligations; Elements of moral teaching; The prophetic teacher; The traditional teacher; Escalante's teaching approach; Application...