Faith Ringgold: Every quilt tells a story
Tags: RINGGOLD, Faith
- Faith Ringgold: `It's like being a kid all over again!' Raymond, Allen // Teaching Pre K-8;Mar93, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p36
Profiles acclaimed artist and children's book author Faith Ringgold. Her books; Background; Her childhood in Harlem; Awards.
- Those cookin' up ideas for freedom take heed. // Art Journal;Fall91, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p84
Presents a commentary by Faith Ringgold, giving advice to those people thinking up ideas for freedom in the 1990s. Warns them to be aware that freedom needs careful preparation and a watchful eye; The controversy over liberalism; Speaks out against a greedy society; The obscenity that exposes...
- Faith Ringgold. Farrington, Lisa // American Visions;Oct/Nov99, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p24
Presents an excerpt from the article `Art on Fire: The Politics of Race and Sex in the Paintings of Faith Ringgold,' by Lisa Farrington.
- Under a Blood-Red Sky. Ringgold, Faith // Feminist Studies;Summer2007, Vol. 33 Issue 2, Preceding p263
Presents the acrylic on canvas painting "Under a Blood-Red Sky," by Faith Ringgold.
- Faith Ringgold at ACA. Upshaw, Reagan // Art in America;Mar1996, Vol. 84 Issue 3, p101
Reviews an exhibition by Faith Ringgold at the ACA Gallery in New York.
- Broadway Housing Communities celebrates Faith Ringgold's 80th birthday. // New York Amsterdam News;11/11/2010, Vol. 101 Issue 46, p8
The article offers information on the 80th birthday celebration of famed painter, mixed media sculpture, and writer Faith Ringgold at Shephard Hall, City College of New York on November 3, 2010, which was attended by hundreds of artists, arts administrators, and Ellen Baxter, founder and...
- Harlem artist Faith Ringgold celebrates 78th birthday. // New York Amsterdam News;10/30/2008, Vol. 99 Issue 45, p9
The article offers information about the 78th birthday celebration of artist Faith Ringgold in Harlem, New York City. Ringgold was born in 1930 in Harlem Hospital and her birthday was held at the Rio II Gallery. She started her artistic career as a painter and combined painting, quilted fabrics...
- Untitled. Hubbard, Guy // Arts & Activities;Oct93, Vol. 114 Issue 2, p52
Features Faith Ringgold's narrative quilt `Tar Beach' and how it may be used in teaching art in the classroom. Painting of people with dark-skinned bodies; Discovery that white paint gathers light; Story on the quilt.
- REVIEWS. Herberholz, Barbara // Arts & Activities;Dec2000, Vol. 128 Issue 4, p8
Reviews two video tapes. `Faith Ringgold: The Last Story Quilt'; `Classroom Creative Experience: A Culture and Art Lesson.'