The nature-nurture question: Will it ever be answered?
- Showing out for fun and profit. Lewis, Napoleon // BLACFAX;Winter95, Vol. 8 Issue 30, p11
Focuses on the term showing out, obvious displays of skill with braggadocio and a hint of arrogance. Use among blacks; Cases; Applications; Relation to entertainment and families.
- Introverts and extroverts. Arbetter, S. // Current Health 2;Mar1991, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p20
Discusses the characteristics of introverts and extroverts. How introverts and extroverts differ in school; Carl Jung's theory of personality types. INSET: Innies and outies (characteristics of introverts and....
- Standing on your own feet... ...not someone else's. // Current Health 1;Jan1991, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p18
Encourages young people to learn assertiveness. Difference between assertiveness and aggression. INSET: How assertive are you?;Making up your mind..
- In the Know. // Faces (07491387);Apr2003, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p7
Presents information about famous persons and things in Canada.
- 61 ways to make yourself more interesting. Cook, Kevin // Men's Health;Nov96, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p122
Presents tips on how to make one's self more interesting to women. Getting a fascinating job; Displaying style; Having an irrational hobby; Going on an adventure; Conversational gambits; Being a father.
- Risks of the Type A personality. // Psychology Today;Feb87, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p42
New research indicates the Type A individual, a competitive, driven, hostile, harried and hurried person, may not be as likely to succumb to heart disease as previously thought. INSET: Report of major studies of Type A personality and heart disease..
- Scouting the frontiers of personality assessment. Mauro, James; O.L. // Psychology Today;Jan/Feb94, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p46
Recounts the author's experience of undergoing Mt. Sinai's battery of diagnostic tests (described in this issue of `Psychology Today'). The biological, psychophysiological and neurological tests that were performed; Findings; Future implications of the research; The suggestion of a chemical...
- The toughest out in Norwalk. Cavanaugh, Jack // Yankee;Oct97, Vol. 61 Issue 10, p30
Profiles former ballplayer at the Honeyhill School Little League field in Norwalk, Connecticut. What was recognised as the his strongest characteristics; Description of his personality; Information on Maurice.
- Balloon juice. del Cecato, John // Hill;10/23/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 124, p17
In this article the author discusses the recklessness brought about by non-politics and political personality which create damage to the U.S.
- Getting personal: Daily newspaper adoption of personal advertisements. Merskin, Debra // Newspaper Research Journal;Summer1995, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p75
Studies the adoption of voice mail personal advertisements in daily newspapers in response to declining revenues in classified advertising categories in the United States. Characteristics of personal sections and criteria imposed on advertisers; Impact of voice mail personal advertisements on...