The rise and rise of Arsenio Hall
- All Hall is breaking loose! Allen, B. // Essence (Essence);Jul89, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p50
Interview with black talk-show host Arsenio Hall, who says he loves every minute of show business. Career; Childhood; Reaction to success.
- Arsenio Hall's TV talk show keeps fans awake with fun and famous faces. Collier, A. // Jet;4/10/89, Vol. 76 Issue 1, p56
Discusses comic Arsenio Hall's late night talk show, `The Arsenio Hall Show,' the power of humor, his material and his personal life.
- La Toya Jackson miffed over Arsenio Hall's jokes about her breasts. // Jet;1/15/90, Vol. 77 Issue 14, p60
Reports on the dispute going on between talk show host Arsenio Hall and singer La Toya Jackson over what Hall claims is Jackson's artificial breast enlargement.
- Arsenio Hall: Prince of late night TV. Collier, A. // Jet;1/22/90, Vol. 77 Issue 15, p60
Interviews late-night talk show host Arsenio Hall, who discusses the reasons for his success, other competitors for Johnny Carson, the differences between Hall and Carson, problems he sometimes has with guests, and the effects he feels he has had on black performers.
- Arsenio buys Vallee estate for $3.5 million in cash. // Jet;10/8/90, Vol. 78 Issue 26, p57
Reports on late night television star Arsenio Hall's $3.5 million cash purchase of the Hollywood Hills home that once belonged to singer Rudy Vallee.
- Arsenio's former manager hits him with $25 M suit. // Jet;11/5/90, Vol. 79 Issue 4, p22
Reports on a $25.5 million lawsuit filed against talk show host Arsenio Hall by his former manager, Hollywood attorney Robert Wachs. Charges by Wachs and partner; Details of complaint.
- Arsenio Hall is hailed in L.A. by Brotherhood Crusade. // Jet;1/28/91, Vol. 79 Issue 15, p23
Reports on the Pioneer of Black Achievement Award from the Brotherhood Crusade of Los Angeles, given to talk show host Arsenio Hall.
- Arsenio Hall becomes D.A.R.E.'s first ambassador to keep kids off drugs. // Jet;2/4/91, Vol. 79 Issue 16, p56
Reports on television talk host Arsenio Hall's efforts to keep kids off drugs as the first ambassador of the nationwide Drug Abuse Resistance Education (D.A.R.E.) Program. Hall's comments to school-children; Hall's conservative lifestyle.
- Arsenio Hall dispels nasty rumors and talks about his `crack' cocaine house. Collier, A. // Jet;1/27/92, Vol. 81 Issue 14, p58
Presents an interview with Arsenio Hall, talk show host, who discusses rumors about his personal life and his work with the nation's drug problems and the purchase of a `crack' cocaine house. Plans for `crack' house; Examples of negative publicity about personal life; Talk show's success; Future...