The rise and rise of Arsenio Hall
Tags: HALL, Arsenio
- Hall: Not going peacefully. Hamilton, Kendall; Samuels, Allison // Newsweek;6/6/1994, Vol. 123 Issue 23, p45
Reports comments about media executives and racism made by Arsenio Hall in his final week on the air for Paramount. The reason for Hall's remarks, according to a Hollywood pal.
- Arsenio strikes back. Quinn, M. // Time;6/29/1992, Vol. 139 Issue 26, p87
Presents Arsenio Hall's on the air scorching response on George Bush after White House spokesman Marlin Fitzwater casually dissed `The Arsenio Hall Show.' Hall's guests have also included Bill Clinton and Jesse Jackson, and Hall has devoted whole programs to issues like gang warfare and the...
- All Hall is breaking loose! Allen, B. // Essence (Essence);Jul89, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p50
Interview with black talk-show host Arsenio Hall, who says he loves every minute of show business. Career; Childhood; Reaction to success.
- Arsenio Hall's TV talk show keeps fans awake with fun and famous faces. Collier, A. // Jet;4/10/89, Vol. 76 Issue 1, p56
Discusses comic Arsenio Hall's late night talk show, `The Arsenio Hall Show,' the power of humor, his material and his personal life.
- La Toya Jackson miffed over Arsenio Hall's jokes about her breasts. // Jet;1/15/90, Vol. 77 Issue 14, p60
Reports on the dispute going on between talk show host Arsenio Hall and singer La Toya Jackson over what Hall claims is Jackson's artificial breast enlargement.
- Arsenio Hall: Prince of late night TV. Collier, A. // Jet;1/22/90, Vol. 77 Issue 15, p60
Interviews late-night talk show host Arsenio Hall, who discusses the reasons for his success, other competitors for Johnny Carson, the differences between Hall and Carson, problems he sometimes has with guests, and the effects he feels he has had on black performers.
- Arsenio buys Vallee estate for $3.5 million in cash. // Jet;10/8/90, Vol. 78 Issue 26, p57
Reports on late night television star Arsenio Hall's $3.5 million cash purchase of the Hollywood Hills home that once belonged to singer Rudy Vallee.
- Arsenio's former manager hits him with $25 M suit. // Jet;11/5/90, Vol. 79 Issue 4, p22
Reports on a $25.5 million lawsuit filed against talk show host Arsenio Hall by his former manager, Hollywood attorney Robert Wachs. Charges by Wachs and partner; Details of complaint.
- Arsenio Hall is hailed in L.A. by Brotherhood Crusade. // Jet;1/28/91, Vol. 79 Issue 15, p23
Reports on the Pioneer of Black Achievement Award from the Brotherhood Crusade of Los Angeles, given to talk show host Arsenio Hall.