What the kiss-and-tell books tell
- Read about why I love me and how much I've suffered. Rust, Michael // Insight on the News;06/02/97, Vol. 13 Issue 20, p19
Talks about memoirs which were the trend in contemporary literature in the 1990s. What is the favoured genre in American literature; How the memoir has performed on the literary stock market; Milestones in this years literary chronicles.
- Measuring time. Byrne, K. // America;8/3/1991, Vol. 165 Issue 3, p60
Relates how a local newspaper's reference to a debate on a thirteen month calendar brings back the author's memories of participating on a debating team. Reflects on the passing of time.
- The power of a personal tale. Gardner, Marilyn // Christian Science Monitor;4/10/96, Vol. 88 Issue 94, p1
Highlights the record number of memoirs listed by the Spring 1996, publishers. Interest of colleges in courses on writing and reading memoirs; Views of Janet Silver, a senior editor at Houghton Mifflin, whose list includes six memoirs; Explanations for the popularity of memoirs, by literary...
- Diaries. Stout, D. // Cricket;Nov89, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p24
Explains the value of diaries, how best to keep one, and famous people who have kept them in the past.
- Diaries of famous people. // Cricket;Nov89, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p26
Gives excerpts from the diaries of Anne Frank, Davy Crockett, and Louisa May Alcott.
- Make your own diary. Wiseman, A. // Cricket;Nov89, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p32
Explains how to make a diary, beginning with a list of supplies that will be needed, and with simple illustrations showing its assembly.
- Old Cricket says. // Cricket;Nov89, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p80
Explains how diaries can be historical records by using those of English newspaper correspondent Henry Crabb Robinson, born in 1777, and painter Leonardo da Vinci.
- The (not always) discreet charms of the diary. Larmoth, J. // Town & Country;Aug89, Vol. 143 Issue 5111, p138
Opinion. Discusses the keeping of a diary and how to do so. Gives examples of famous diarists of the past.
- So you're planning to write your memoirs. Blais, Madeleine // Nieman Reports;Fall97, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p80
Discusses how to go about writing a memoir. Reference to the memoir `The Shadow Man,' written by Mary Gordon; How to produce a successful journalistic memoir; Details on a memoir.