Man vs. bird in Florida
- Eagles Flying High. // Scholastic News -- Edition 3;9/6/2004, Vol. 61 Issue 1, p3
Provides information on the efforts of the U.S. government to save the bald eagle from extinction.
- TRACKS OUR MONTHLY ROUNDUP OF CHARISMATIC
MEGAFAUNA AND OTHER FUN CREATURES. // Backpacker;Sep2004, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p44
Presents information on several endangered animals including the bald eagle.
- Eagles fly back. // Junior Scholastic;09/06/99, Vol. 102 Issue 1, p6
Reports on the removal of the bald eagle from the list of endangered species in the United States as of September 6, 1999.
- Eagle Soars to New Status. // American Forests;Fall99, Vol. 105 Issue 3, p11
Reports on the possible elimination of the American bald eagle from the federal Endangered Species List. Drop in the population of the eagles in 1963; Efforts to save the eagles.
- Bald Eagle Remains Endangered. Hudson, Audrey // Insight on the News;6/3/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 20, p31
Explains why the American bald eagle is still on the list of endangered species of the United States Fish and Wildlife Service despite the announcement by former President Bill Clinton in 1999 of the bird's de listing. Pairs of breeding eagles that are in the country's wild; Discussion on the...
- The Comeback Bird. Goldberger, Andrew // Scholastic News -- Edition 3;10/11/99, Vol. 56 Issue 5, p2
Provides information on how the bald eagle, the national bird of the United States, became an endangered creature. INSET: On the Mend.
- The Bird is Back. // Scholastic News -- Edition 4;09/06/99, Vol. 62 Issue 1, p2
Announces the planned removal of the bald eagle from the Endangered Species List in the United States.
- Eye to Eagle's Eye. // Scholastic News -- Edition 4;4/11/2003, Vol. 65 Issue 22, p3
Focuses on the endangered specie bald eagle in the U.S. Importance of the bald eagle for the U.S.; Plan for its preservation.
- Back from the brink. Gigon, Andreas // New Scientist;09/23/2000, Vol. 167 Issue 2257, p44
Presents the opinion of the author concerning the endangerment of species. Media coverage of threatened species; Idea that many species that were once threatened are thriving, including the bald eagle; Efforts of environmentalists to help species and remove them from endangered status.