Quality beef to get lion's share of £20m bonus
- Walsh lauded by conservative group for pro-family positions. // Hill;11/7/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 155, p12
An excerpt from an article which discusses the praise received by Freshman Representative Joe Walsh from the conservative group Family Research Council Action committee for his strong support to family, posted by "Chicago Sun-Times" is presented.
- Blondes get 8000gns. Long, Jonathan // Farmers Weekly;10/29/2010, Vol. 153 Issue 17, p121
The article reports that Blonde sale at Carlisle enjoyed a top price of 8000gns paid for Ark Diego, a Whistley Dollar son.
- Local support for Holsteins. // Farmers Weekly;8/23/2002, Vol. 137 Issue 8, p27
Presents an update on the sales of heifers in West Country, England as of August 2002. Sale of Shalama Quality Roxy ET PI by Barnkamper Quality; Price of Henceford Windsor Roxy heifer; Trade selling of the calved heifers.
- Limousin herd tops 6800gns. Garner, James // Farmers Weekly;5/31/2002, Vol. 136 Issue 22, p28
Reports on the sale of cows and heifers from Michael and Roger Hazard's Mereside herd at Carlisle, England in May 2002. Background on the herd; Details of the breeds sold; Bidders during the sale.
- Raising replacement heifers is supposed to be hard work. McDonald, Steve // Wallaces Farmer;Jun2012, Vol. 137 Issue 6, pBP5
The article focuses on raising replacement heifers.
- Patrick Godwin. Swallow, Andrew // Farmers Weekly;3/21/2003, Vol. 138 Issue 11, p67
Reports on the sale of non-pedigree stock a none-month-old Belgian Blue cross Limousin heifer from Carmenthenshire, Wales-based farmer Andrew Davies at the Belgian Blue Society 's show. Price at which the heifer was sold; Buyer of the heifer.
- Weeton values reach 950gns. Garner, James // Farmers Weekly;10/04/2002, Vol. 137 Issue 14, p31
Reports on the value of the heifers raised by breeders John and Doreen Loftus in Great Britain as of October 2002. Features of the heifers; Buyer of the Weeton Lee Oralie heifer.
- Holstein heifers reach 1150gns. Garner, James // Farmers Weekly;2/7/2003, Vol. 138 Issue 6, p29
Provides information on freshly calved heifers that dominated the annual Quota Filler sale of Holsteins at Taunton, Somerset in England. Emmadine Pearl 8th; Cannington College, Bridgwater; Richard Trott's Meadmoor Integrity Poppet 5th.
- Problem heifers turn into problem cows. McDonald, Steve // Ohio Farmer;Aug2012, pBP5
The author discusses different traits of heifers and offers key points to understand before their selection.