Poster presentations: 3. Molecular Genetics
- Poster presentations: 3. Molecular Genetics. // Journal of Medical Genetics;Sep2002 Supplement, Vol. 39, pS70
Discusses the abstract of the research paper entitled 'Epigenetic and functional analysis of BLU, a candidate 3p21.3 tumour suppressor gene,' by Angelo Agathanggelou, A. Dallol et al and presented during the British Human Genetics Conference at the University of York in England in September 2002.
- Histogenesis control genes and neurofibromatosis 1. Riccardi, Vincent M. // European Journal of Pediatrics;2000, Vol. 159 Issue 7, p475
Discusses the genetic disorder neurofibromatosis (NF). Usefulness of a tumor suppressor gene in NF; Contribution of NF gene to wound in a neurologic tissue; Description of NF gene.
- Old protein, new function: VHL tumor suppressor protein inhibits transcription. Nelson, Nancy J. // JNCI: Journal of the National Cancer Institute;10/4/95, Vol. 87 Issue 19, p1432
Reports on the discovery of the role of tumor suppressor gene in kidney cancer and the hereditary disorder von Hippel-Lindau (VHL) disease. Association of VHL tumor suppressor protein with Elongin; Defect of VHL patients in the VHL gene; Enhancement of tumor growth by VHL gene.
- P73-deficient mice have neurological, pheromonal and inflammatory defects but lacks spontaneous... Yang, Annie; Walker, Nancy // Nature;3/2/2000, Vol. 404 Issue 6773, p99
Discusses the characteristics of mice deficient in p73 gene. Neurological, pheromonal and inflammatory defects; Lack of spontaneous tumors; Ability of p73 to transactivate p53 target genes; Mechanistic basis of the hippocampal dysgenesis and loss of pheromone responses.
- Cytoplasmic relocalization and inhibition of the cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor p27Kip1 by PKB/Akt-mediated phosphorylation in breast cancer. Viglietto, Giuseppe; Motti, Maria Letizia; Bruni, Paola; Melillo, Rosa Marina; D'Alessio, Amelia; Califano, Daniela; Vinci, Floriana; Chiappetta, Gennaro; Tsichlis, Philip; Bellacosa, Alfonso; Fusco, Alfredo; Santoro, Massimo // Nature Medicine;Oct2002, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p1136
The cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor p27[sup kip1] is a putative tumor suppressor for human cancer. The mechanism underlying p27[sup kip1] deregulation in human cancer is, however, poorly understood. We demonstrate that the serine/threonine kinase Akt regulates cell proliferation in breast...
- Review of alterations of the cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor INK4 family genes p15, p16, p18 and p19 in human leukemia�lymphoma cells. Drexler, H G // Leukemia (08876924);Jun98, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p845
The cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitors known as p15, p16, p18 and p19 have been suggested as candidates for tumor suppressor genes. The main genetic alterations are deletions (bi-or monoallelic) or 5' CpG island methylation of p15 and p16; very few cases or cell lines had p18 or p19 deletions or...
- RASSF1A, the new guardian of mitosis. M�th�, Endre // Nature Genetics;Feb2004, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p117
Presents a news item on RASSF1A, the new guardian of mitosis. Contribution of the tumor suppressor gene RASSF1 to spatiotemporal regulation of mitosis through a new mechanism; Inhibition of anaphase-promoting complex by interaction of RASSF1A with Cdc20; Prevention of degradation of cyclin A...
- Centrosome abnormalities in ALK-positive anaplastic large-cell lymphoma. Ventura, RA; Martin-Subero, JI; Knippschild, U; Gascoyne, RD; Delsol, G; Mason, DY; Siebert, R // Leukemia (08876924);Nov2004, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p1910
Investigates the role of centrosome abnormalities in the development of genetic defects in a wide range of solid and hematological neoplasms. Increase in chromosome segregation errors at mitosis; Determination of centrosome number and morphology; Correlation between centrosome aberrations and...
- Gene therapy finds welcoming environment in China. Hepeng Jia // Nature Medicine;Mar2006, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p263
The article reports on the introduction of the gene therapeutics in China. The state is going to approve medicine necessary for giving medication to genetic disorders and cancer. However, experts warned the Food and Drug Administration on the leniency in regulating drugs in the country that it...