Poster presentations: 2. Cytogenetics
- The high incidence of STR D21S1446 homozygosity in Han and She populations living in South Eastern China. Wu, Jin-Fang; Xia, Lu; Liu, Yu-Xin; Zhang, Xin; Li, Chen; Li, Ming-Li // Journal of Assisted Reproduction & Genetics;Apr2012, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p337
Purpose: This study investigated the allelic frequency of 4 short terminal repeats (STRs) in Han and She populations from eastern China. Methods: DNA samples from Han (N = 110) and She (N = 110) healthy subjects were amplified using PCR and primers specific for the STRs. D21S11 and D21S1446...
- Genetic characterization of APOB and D17S5 AFLP loci in a sample form the Basque Country... Alonso, S.; Fernandez-Fernandez, I.; Castro, A.; De Pancorbo, M.M. // Human Biology;Jun98, Vol. 70 Issue 3, p491
Examines the variable number of tandem repeats (VNTRs) of amplified fragment length polymorphism (AFLP) loci D17S5 and APOB in 100 unrelated individuals in the Basque Country by polymerase chain reaction (PCR) amplification and polycrylamide gel electrophoresis. Estimation of population...
- Poster presentations: 2. Cytogenetics. // Journal of Medical Genetics;Sep2002 Supplement, Vol. 39, pS54
Discusses the abstract of the research paper entitled 'Novel applications of the QF-PCR trisomy assay in a cytogenetic laboratory,' by Kathy Mann and C. Mackie Ogilvie and presented during the British Human Genetics Conference at the University of York in England in September 2002.
- Polymorphisms in the Genes for Herpesvirus Entry. Patera, Andriani; Ali, Mir A.; Tyring, Stephen; Warren, Terri; Hohman, Patricia; Yu, Evangeline; Cohen, Jeffrey I. // Journal of Infectious Diseases;8/1/2002, Vol. 186 Issue 3, p444
Describes the development of a polymerase chain reaction-based assay to better define the prevalence and clinical significance of polymorphisms in the genes for herpesvirus entry. Aim to amplify the polyglutamic acid region of nectin-1 from DNA; Sequences encoding LIGHT lymphotoxin homolog.
- Molecular Genetic Diversity in 5 Populations of Madhya Pradesh, India. Mastan, S.S.; Reddy, P.H. // Human Biology;Jun2000, Vol. 72 Issue 3, p499
Presents data on the distribution of three amplified fragment length polymorphisms in five populations of Central India. Use of the polymerase chain reaction technique; Allelic variations in the caste and tribal populations; Genetic diversity among different populations.
- Allele Frequencies of Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms in the Second Exon of the Myoglobin Gene among the Japanese. Takata, Tomoyo; Miyaishi, Satoru; Yamamoto, Yuji; Inagaki, Sachiyo; Yoshitome, Kei; Ishikawa, Takaki; Ishizu, Hideo // Human Biology;Apr2002, Vol. 74 Issue 2, p317
Examines the allele frequencies of single nucleotide polymorphisms in the second exon of the myoglobin gene among the Japanese. Use of single polymerase reaction-single strand conformation polymorphism analysis; Measurement of the frequencies of the allele.
- Combined Genotype Analysis of GSTM1 and GSTT1 Polymorphisms in a Polish Population. Kargas, Christos; Krupa, Renata; Walter, Zofia // Human Biology;Apr2003, Vol. 75 Issue 2, p301
This study describes the distribution of GSTT1 and GSTM1 polymorphisms in a normal population of central Poland. A homozygous inherited deletion of either gene leads to absence of enzyme activity in affected individuals, and those lacking more than one detoxifying gene are at the highest risk...
- Genetic Diversity and Molecular Markers of the Tropical Abalone (Haliotis asinina) in Thailand. S. Klinbunga, Isao; P. Pripue, Isao; N. Khamnamtong, Isao; N. Puanglarp, Isao; A. Tassanakajon, Isao; P. Jarayabhand, Isao; I. Hirono, Isao; T. Aoki; P. Menasveta, Isao // Marine Biotechnology;Sep2003, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p505
Genetic diversity of abalone in Thailand, Haliotis asinina, H. ovina, and H. varia, was analyzed by polymerase chain reaction (PCR) of 18S and 16S rDNAs, with randomly amplified polymorphic DNA (RAPD) and restriction fragment length polymorphism (RFLP). Species-specific RAPD markers were found...
- Association of (-1,607) 1G/2G polymorphism of matrix metalloproteinase-1 gene with knee osteoarthritis in the Turkish population (knee osteoarthritis and MMPs gene polymorphisms). Barlas, I.; Sezgin, Melek; Erdal, M.; Sahin, G�nsah; Ankarali, Handan; Altintas, Z�hal; T�rkmen, Ebru // Rheumatology International;Feb2009, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p383
The aim of this study was to investigate whether functional polymorphisms in the promoter of matrix metalloproteinase-1 (MMP-1), MMP-2 and MMP-9 genes were associated with susceptibility to knee osteoarthritis in the Turkish population. The MMP-1 -1,607 1G/2G (rs1799750), MMP-2 -1,306 C/T...