- Panelists: Budget Crisis Calls for Decisive Action by States. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;12/10/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31529, p5
Reports that according to The Bond Buyer's Second National Public Finance Conference, state and local officials in the U.S. will have to raise taxes and prepare for credit downgrades in view of the increasing budget deficits. Predictions regarding fiscal conditions in the year 2003; Effect of...
- Rates Have To Rise In 2010. // Emerging Europe Monitor: South East Europe Monitor;May2010, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p3
The article presents the economic outlook of Turkey for 2010. It states that the Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey (CBRT) is facing negative real interest rates in the middle of the improving demand conditions and rising inflation expectations. It notes that strong domestic credit markets...
- Washington Update. // Corridor Business Journal;4/25/2011, Vol. 7 Issue 40, Special section p3
The article presents updates on the structure of the construction industry in the U.S. The National Association of Home (NAHB) has presented banking regulations with specific instances of credit restrictions. The NAHB is requesting the Congress not to increase taxes on small businesses organized...
- Colorado Assembly Returns, With $1B Deficit Front and Center. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/8/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31548, p3
Reports on the budget deficit facing Colorado as of January 2003. Challenges posed by this deficit to legislators in the state; Measures to be taken by legislators to reduce the deficit; Possibility of the introduction of a rainy-day fund by state Treasurer Mike Coffman during the state's...
- Wisconsin Faces Spending Cuts; Missouri Announces $1B Gap. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/9/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31549, p3
Discusses the budget deficits faced by states of Wisconsin and Missouri. Step to eliminate deficit initiated by the governor of Wisconsin; Expectations regarding Missouri's revenues for a fiscal year; Highlights the gap in Missouri's budget cycle.
- Analysts Decry Officials' Inaction in Face of Connecticut's Growing Deficit. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;1/10/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31550, p27
Reports on financial analysts' criticism of Connecticut state officials for failing to tackle the state's growing fiscal deficit as of January 2003. Increase in the projected deficit for the state's 2003 budget; Inability of the state legislature to work out a solution to reduce the deficit;...
- A Mile-High Budget Gap. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/20/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31597, p1
Reports on the shortfall in the fiscal year 2004 budget of Colorado. Factors contributing to the deficit; Total revenues to be generated by the state as of 2003; Impact of the revenue to be generated on the state's General Assembly.
- ILLINOIS: Cook's Budget. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/31/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31255, p42
Reports on measures taken to eliminate budget deficits in the fiscal year 2002 by the officials of Cook County, Illinois. Introduction of budget by the government for 2002; Provisions of the budget.
- Prince George's Deficit. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;11/5/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31258, p39
Reports on the announcement of a budget shortfall for the fiscal year by budget officials in Prince George's County, Maryland on October 30, 2001. Projected revenue collections for 2001; Reason behind the shortfall.