- Extra insurance pays off for Michigan schools. Keeton, Ann // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p2
Reports on the sale by the Rochester, Michigan, School District of $100.6 million of general obligation unlimited-tax school building and site bonds.
- Unimaginable Arrogance. Kirk, Douglas // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);4/9/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 15, p6
The article reports on the Comal Independent School District's $75 million bond package that would be spent on athletics and non-academic items.
- OKLAHOMA: Tulsa Schools Eye Tech Bond. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;12/18/2012, Vol. 382 Issue 33831, p7
The article informs that Tulsa County Independent School District No. 1 of Oklahoma is seeking for the authorization of a general obligation bond associated with the education technology.
- TEXAS: Three ISDs Plan GO Votes. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;3/9/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33278, p9
The article reports that several school districts in Texas are looking for approval of their general obligation bond packages during the election on May 8, 2010.
- Charleston County, S.C., to hold largest local school bond election. Molis, Jim // Bond Buyer;01/23/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30316, p2
Reports on plans by the Charleston, South Carolina, School District for a $350 million bond referendum on March 28, 1998. List of school building referendums in South Carolina from 1987-1998; Request for the Charleston Metro Chamber of Commerce to name an oversight review team to ensure that...
- Spurred by state grants, Texas schools catch debt fever to tune of $4 billion. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;03/02/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30341, p36
Focuses on an upsurge in the number of Texas school districts that are issuing bonds. Receipt of $200 million of grants from the state; Issues surrounding program that allows districts to receive state help for part of their debt service on new bond issues; State Legislature's long-term...
- Clark County, Nev., school district polishes its $3.5 billion bond plan. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;02/01/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30569, p6
Reports on a $3.5 billion, ten-year general obligation bond (GO) program in Clark County in the Nevada School District. Scheduled issue of $303 GO bonds in April 1999; Approval of a measure to lift limits on amounts sold for the next ten years.
- Results of competitive sales. // Bond Buyer;02/22/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30833, p23
Presents a tabulation of the results of municipal bond competitive sales in the state of New York as of February 22, 2000. Includes bond anticipation notes of Island Park Union Free School District; Tax anticipation notes of Conklin, New York; Bond anticipation notes of Webster, New York.
- Seeking Fiscal Credibility. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;06/19/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30915, p1
Reports on Dallas Independent School District officials' plan to bring a bond issue before voters despite a feud between school board members and superintendent Bill Rojas. School district's efforts to restore fiscal credibility to gain a positive vote; Scandal involving a former superintendent...