- Shelter places dog in nursing home. // Dog World;Aug96, Vol. 81 Issue 8, p104
Reports on the placing of a dog in the New England Friends Home in Hingnam, Massachusetts, by Jeff's Companion Animal Shelter of Westport.
- The canine legislative beat. Gardner, Janice Sparhawk // Dog World;Aug97, Vol. 82 Issue 8, p49
Examines laws relating to pound seizure in dogs. Definition of pound seizure; Details on the 1st law mandating pound seizure; Identification of states that mandate pound seizure; List of states who prohibit pound seizure; Agreement of New Hampshire Revised Statutes Annotated 471-B:5; Arguments...
- If you build it, cats will come. Dubicki, Elizabeth // Cats Magazine;June97, Vol. 53 Issue 6, p12
Features a cat retirement facility in Washington County SPCA, Hudson Falls, New York. Purpose of the shelter; Location at the foothills of the Adriondack Mountains; Structural design; Construction schedule.
- Post with the most. Cebula, Timothy Q. // Cats Magazine;Oct98, Vol. 54 Issue 10, p36
Presents information on the animal haven, Last Post, located in Falls Village, Connecticut. Types of cats who go to the Last Post; Reason the cats go to the animal haven; Comments from Jeanne Toomey, executive director of Last Post; Features of the main cat house; Information on signs placed on...
- Court decision sparks kennel appeal. de Fraga, Carole // Animals Today;Aug-Oct97, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p23
Reports on the Maroondah City Council's decision to relocate the Victorian Animal Aid Trust (VAAT). Charges against violation of the Health Act; Fines of VAAT; Trust's appeal for funds.
- CHULA VISTA: Pima Medical Upgrades Animal Care Facilities. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;2/22/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p6
The article reports on the celebration of the launch of an animal care shelter by Prima Medical Insititute and the city of Chula Vista in California.
- Plush pet apartments. Greenberg, Ilan // U.S. News & World Report;02/23/98, Vol. 124 Issue 7, p9
Looks at the living conditions of abandoned dogs at San Francisco, California's SPCA. The spacious apartments, where they enjoy accommodations of comfy furniture, televisions, skylights, artwork on walls; How the dogs are socialized to be good pets.
- Animal abandonment becoming more common. RUSHIN, CHERRY // Graham Leader;10/10/2012, Vol. 137 Issue 16, p1A
The article informs that an increasing number of people in Graham, Young County, Texas have been dumping animals at the Humane Society of Young County, a non-profit animal shelter organization.
- Flea Market Benefit for Animal Shelter. // Antique Shoppe Newspaper;Feb2013, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p9
The article offers information on event, Flea Market Benefit for Pet Pal Animal Shelter to be held on February 16, 2013 Antique Galleries of Saint Petersburg in Florida.