Breaking the Mold
- Calif. flush with wave of school bond votes. Johnston, Robert C. // Education Week;03/18/98, Vol. 17 Issue 27, p24
Reports that the Californians are voting on numbers of local school construction bonds for school facility needs. Missed opportunity of lawmakers in voting for school construction bonds; Estimates of Ann M. Evans, the director of school facilities planning for the education department, on the...
- Whitney ISD Bond Election Q&A. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);4/25/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 17, p5
The article provides an answer to a question regarding the long-range facility plan of the Whitney Independent School District (ISD) in Texas and how does the bond proposal fit with the plan.
- Survey Shows Support. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;4/6/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33294, p9
No abstract available.
- Split School Sale Proceeds. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;9/6/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33577, p9
The article reports on the plan of the Midwestern University to expand its facilities in Glendale, Arizona and Downers Grove, Illinois with proceeds from the 50 million dollars tax-exempt revenue bonds to be issued by the Glendale Industrial Development Authority.
- Texas Voters OK Two Bond Questions. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;02/27/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31085, p2
Focuses on suburban school district voters' approval of two Texas-sized bond packages. Construction of school facilities to keep up with fast-growing student populations; Renovation of campuses at the Northside Independent School District near San Antonio, Texas; Northwest Independent School...
- Indianapolis Begins 'Historic' Mission to Upgrade Its Schools. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/23/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31209, p3
Reports the financing plans of Indianapolis Public Schools for upgrading school facilities in Indiana. Accounts on selling school bonds; Partnership with local business leaders; Increase in property tax for the bonds; Plans for alternative funding options.
- Fixing Up Arkansas Schools Could Cost $3B, Report Says. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/30/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31958, p5
Reports on the cost associated with bringing Arkansas school facilities into compliance with standards outlined by the state Supreme Court in 2002. Spending on a study of state school facilities before writing laws that would create fundings mechanisms to equalize school facilities across the...
- The Emerald City. // Parks & Recreation;Jun2004, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p6
Features the Mason Community Center, a joint provision recreation facility between the city and the school district in Ohio. Significance of the partnership to taxpayers; Use of school facility resources in the project; Amount of the school bond issue approved for the center's construction.
- Iowa State Board of Regents to Sell $20 Million for University Arena Project. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;9/16/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33384, p3
The article reports that the Iowa State Board of Regents will trade its 20 million dollars worth of school bonds to finance the reconstruction and expansion of the Carver-Hawkeye Arena in Iowa.