- D.C. Metro Transit Plan Approved. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;10/22/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31995`, p1
Reports on the approval of the appropriation plan to improve the subway and bus system by the Washington Metropolitan Transit Authority. Acquisition of funding commitments from the national capital region's eight local governments; Commitment of the local governments to the transit system; Use...
- Vote yes on the transportation bond act. Kiernan, John // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);114/2005, Vol. 52 Issue 46, p11A
Encourages the voters to support the state transportation bond issue which is critical to the infrastructure of Long Island, New York. Improvement of the state's mass transportation systems; Enhancement of highway and bridge network; Allocation of funding for airport, rail freight and port projects.
- Texas to receive significant benefit from new federal legislation. // Perryman Texas Letter;9/22/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p4
Reports on the benefit of a highway and mass transit systems bill passed in the U.S. to Texas. Estimated amount of funds that will be allocated for the public works program; Basis of the allocation of funds per state; Amount of funds that Texas will be receiving under the program.
- Pennsylvania P3 Board OKs Natural Gas Project. Burton, Paul // Bondbuyer.com;9/29/2014, p30
The article reports that Pennsylvania's Public-Private Partnership Board has approved a project that will seek a private partner to develop clean-burning compressed natural gas fueling stations at public transit agencies statewide including public access to the facilities.
- A long road worth traveling. // Indianapolis Business Journal;7/26/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 20, p12
Editorial. Assesses the Indianapolis Regional Transportation Council's development of a starter mass-transit system in Marion, Indiana. Cost of the project; Funding issue; Impact of the project on the city.
- Paying for more transit, not less. Morgan, Maureen // Fairfield County Business Journal;6/15/2009, Vol. 48 Issue 24, p13
The article focuses on the need to support mass transit in the U.S. Mass transit expansion and connectivity should be made as the mass transit ridership increases and car travel decreases. However, mass transits, buses and railroads are always affected by the transportation funding crumbs and...
- TEXAS DART Plans Miss Mark. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;3/20/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32590, p9
The article reports on the decision of officials in Dallas, Texas to withdraw plans for a tunnel at Love Field Airport for Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) commuter trains. The Federal Transit Administration (FTA) claims the change could jeopardize DART's $700 million federal grant. DART has...
- Funding uncertainty looms over transit projects. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;5/3/2004, Vol. 43 Issue 18, p14
Presents roads and mass transit system projects in Westchester County, New York included in the version of the Transportation Equity Act. Sidewalks along Route 9A; Improvements to Route 35/202 from Bear Mountain parkway east to the Taconic State Parkway; Improvements to Lexington Avenue.
- Toronto's light rail blueprint. Wolinsky, Julian // Railway Gazette International;May2007, Vol. 163 Issue 5, p16
The article reports on the approval of plans for the construction of a new light rail route by the Toronto Transit Commission in Ontario. The project is expected to cost 6 billion Canadian dollars. The seven proposed lines would be completed within 15 years and are expected to carry an estimated...