Hotel Debt Explained
- Tribal Leaders Meet in California To Discuss Munis, Impact of IRS . Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;1/21/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32054, p1
This article reports that hundreds of Indian tribal leaders and public finance professionals gathered at a conference here this week to discuss, among other things, tax-exempt borrowing by Native American issuers. Uncertainty over just how narrow those limits are--along with the U.S. Internal...
- NYC suits Frisco law firm. Gabriel, Frederick // Crain's New York Business;06/16/97, Vol. 13 Issue 24, p37
Focuses on Orrick Herrington and Sutcliffe a San Francisco based law firm, as it tries to establish itself in New York. Plans to compete with other New York firms; Size of the firm; Information on firm's growth plans; Problems faced by the firm.
- MEAG Sets $245 Million Taxable, Tax-Exempt Offering. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;2/26/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32823, p28
The article reports that the Municipal Electric Authority of Georgia (MEAG) is scheduled to sell $245 million of taxable and tax-exempt bonds as it refunds debt. According to the report, the bonds will be sold through a competitive bid with Public Financial Management as the financial adviser...
- Orrick Offers Options for Strapped California Governments. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;3/20/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32840, p23
The article reports on the move of Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP in San Francisco, California, to send out pamphlets entitled "Budget Relief and Deficit Financing By Local Governments in California," which gives options to local governments that are facing budget deficits in the area....
- Orrick looks for further growth in Los Angeles with new office head. Hobbs, Kathryn // Lawyer;7/29/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 31, pUS1
Deals with the appointment of real estate partner Michael McAndrews as head of the Los Angeles, California office of law firm Orrick Herrington & Sutcliffe in July 2002. Reason for his selection; Background on the branch office.
- Orrick takes on $9bn State of California municipal finance deal. Begum, Husnara // Lawyer;11/18/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 46, pUS1
Reports that Orrick Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP, a law firm in California, has landed a $9-billion municipal finance deal with the state.
- Orrick Herrington Raids Ater Wynne's Public Finance Office in Portland. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;3/6/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31587, p6
Reports that San Francisco, California-based law firm Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP has hired several members of Ater Wynne LLP's public finance group in Portland, Oregon. Names of these persons; Positions held by the persons at Ater; Profile of these people.
- Muni rival courting Chapman lawyers. // Crain's Chicago Business;7/17/95, Vol. 18 Issue 29, p30
Reports that Chicago, Illinois law firm Chapman & Cutler is beset by speculation that a group of bond specialists is considering a defection to San Francisco, California-based competitor Orrick Herrington & Sutcliffe.
- Orrick saves costs with support staff move. Smith, Claire // Lawyer;9/24/2001, Vol. 15 Issue 38, p2
Explains that law firm Orrick Herrington & Sutcliffe has saved cost by moving its support staff to an office set up in West Virginia. Information on the global operations of the law firm; Estimate on the savings of the firm every year.