- News Makers. // Modern Healthcare;4/8/2002, Vol. 32 Issue 14, p33
Presents news briefs on healthcare systems in the United States as of April 2002. Appointment of Michael Erne at the Catholic Healthcare West in San Francisco, California; Selection of Trudy Land to monitor the development of the facilities of MedCath Corp.; Death of Wesley Howe, president and...
- Catholic Healthcare West California's biggest system. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Aug96, Vol. 50 Issue 8, p20
Reports that the Catholic Healthcare West has surpassed the Kaiser Permanente as California's biggest system with its acquisition of seven hospitals in 1996.
- A study in regional delivery. Scott, Lisa // Modern Healthcare;04/28/97, Vol. 27 Issue 17, p30
Presents information on Catholic Healthcare West (CHW), a San Francisco-based system, and looks at the revampment of the system. Perceptions of Doctor Herman Pepper on the system and its boards; Information on the responsibilities of CHW's boards; Discussion on regional delivery.
- Calif. Catholic system surpasses Kaiser. Greene, Jay // Modern Healthcare;6/10/96, Vol. 26 Issue 24, p16
Reports on Catholic Healthcare West's (CHW) acquisition of seven hospitals to become California's largest health system. CHW's co-sponsorship arrangements with four other congregations; Terms of the co-sponsorships; Hospitals affiliated with CHW.
- CHW to sell Calif. hospital to college. Shinkman, Ron // Modern Healthcare;02/07/2000, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p17
Reports the plan of Catholic Healthcare West company to sell Saint Louise Hospital in Morgan Hill, California to San Jose Christian College. Details on the sale; Law governing the sale of a hospital in the state; Management of the hospital.
- CHW discloses double subpoenas. Bellandi, Deanna // Modern Healthcare;04/23/2001, Vol. 31 Issue 17, p16
Focuses on the subpoenas received by the Catholic Healthcare West company regarding compensation and Medicare cost reporting. Decision of the company to disclose the information to its investors through a letter which includes financial results for the fourth quarter of 2000; Details on the...
- Changes seen at 3 Calif. CHW hospitals. Shinkman, Ron // Modern Healthcare;06/15/98, Vol. 28 Issue 24, p40
Reports on the effect of low occupancy rates in Medicare reimbursements on the operations of Catholic Healthcare West. Hospitals involved in Medicare reimbursements; Options under review for the retrofit of Catholic Healthcare facilities.
- S&P Gives Catholic Healthcare West a Stable Outlook. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;2/27/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31333, p36
Reports on the credit ratings of the company Catholic Healthcare West. Stabilization of ratings of the company by ratings agency Standard & Poor; Operating losses to the company in 2001 and 2000; Outstanding debts of the company.
- Catholic Healthcare West's new Henderson hospital expected to employ 700 by end of first... Reed, Vita // Las Vegas Business Press;03/13/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p13
Focuses on the expected expansion of the medical care sector by Catholic Healthcare West's St. Rose Dominican Hospital in Las Vegas, Nevada. Identification of departments with future vacancies; Advantage of the hospital's location for future growth.