Virginia Governor Signs Tobacco Bond Bill
- DATA Act, Scene Two: Drop the Independent Board. // Government Financial Management TOPICS;7/23/2012, p9
The article presents information on the plans of U.S. Senator Mark Warner to reintroduce federal spending transparency legislation without any provision for an independent oversight board.
- Virginia Governor Signs Bills, Creates New Bonding Opportunities. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;4/9/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31361, p32
Reports on the bond-related bills signed by Governor Mark R. Warner in Virginia. Additions made to the bonding package; Proposal allowing state employees to receive fiscal 2003 bonus; Increase in the outstanding grant anticipation revenue debt for highway construction.
- Virginia Lawmakers Fail to Override Veto of Estate Tax Repeal. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;4/4/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31608, p29
Virginia lawmakers who support repealing the state's estate tax failed to get enough support to override governor Mark R. Warner's veto of the popular measure, which passed the General Assembly by overwhelming majorities in February 2003. After his veto was sustained, Warner, a Democrat, hailed...
- Senators Introduce Energy Competition Bill. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;8/5/2013, Vol. 249 Issue 14, p4
The article offers information on a bill introduced by Senators Mark Warner and Joe Manchin which aims to fund, create and implement an energy production competition for states.
- Virginia Governor Buries Estate Tax Repeal. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/25/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31600, p4
Mark R. Warner, governor of Virginia, vetoed a legislation on March 24, 2003 that would have eliminated the state's estate tax, but state lawmakers may override his veto and enact the bill without his signature at a special â€œ veto session â€ next week. The tax-repeal measure, if...
- The $8.5 Billion Session. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/14/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31344, p1
Reports the decision of governor Mark R. Warner to sign the bond-related bills passed by the Virginia General Assembly. Amount of the municipal bonds; Increase in the local portion of the state sale tax; Funds for transportation improvements.
- Virginia Gov. Warner Considering $225M Bond Bill for Higher Education. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;2/9/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31817, p9
Reports on the approval of bill authorizing the sale of a tax-exempt general obligation bonds by the Virginia General Assembly in Virginia. Use of such bonds to finance universities and colleges facilities and construction of student housing at George Mason University; Support given to the...
- Virginia Bill Affects Public Record IDs. // National Mortgage News;8/16/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 46, p12
Reports that Virginia Governor Mark Warner has signed a public records identification bill that is subject to a re-enactment clause for the 2005 General Assembly.
- Virginia Senate Weighing Munis for Transportation Projects. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;2/18/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32074, p3
Reports on the consideration of the bill authorizing the state of Virginia to sell tax-exempt bonds for transportation projects by the Virginia General Assembly. Amendments made to the bill by the Finance Committee; Authority given to the Commonwealth Transportation Board under the legislation;...