Denver Moving Forward With $300M Hotel
- Denver Plans Debt Sale Tomorrow for Excise Tax Bonds. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;01/23/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31062, p3
Reports the sale of the excise tax bonds by the local government in Denver, Colorado. Plan to finance renovations and improvements to the Colorado Convention Center; Underwriter for the negotiated deal; Characterization of the excise tax bonds.
- No Reservations. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;2/21/2005, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p3
Reports on the willingness of State Senate Majority Leader Ken Sikkema to help with the hotel tax scenario in Kent County, Michigan. Reason why Kent officials should not worry about being pushed into another lodging excise tax category in 2010; Terms of the State Convention Facility Development...
- Lodging Excise Tax Is Up, But Not Enough. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;5/10/2004, Vol. 22 Issue 19, p6
Reports on the increase in revenue from lodging excise tax in Kent County, Michigan for the first quarter of 2004, which funds most of the local convention industry. Bond payment for the DeVos Place convention center for the year 2004; Expected expenditures from the tax fund; Remarks from...
- County Needs More Room Reservations For Bonding. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;5/19/2008, Vol. 26 Issue 20, pB2
The article reports that Kent County, Michigan, is concerned with its hotel occupancy rate as it uses receipts from the lodging excise tax to pay the bondholders that bought the construction bonds for DeVos Place Convention Center in Grand Rapids, Michigan. In 2007, the lodging excise tax fund...
- Tax Hike Still a Loser. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/9/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31737, p31
Reports on the failure of the campaign supporters to raise the local sales tax in Orange County, Florida. Reason for the campaign; Major portion of the plan; Indication of the sales tax collections.
- Jacksonville, Fla., Postpones $60M Deal Until January. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/4/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31277, p5
Reports on the postponement of excise tax revenue sales in Jacksonville, Florida. Reason behind the postponement; Insurer for the series 2002 bonds; Positive outlook for the general obligation debt in Jacksonville.
- One if by land, two if by sea. // Outdoor Life;Feb94, Vol. 193 Issue 2, p15
Reports on a grand total of $268.6 million in excise taxes paid by sportsmen to be divided among state fish and wildlife agencies. Distribution of funds to land acquisition, habitat improvement, research and education projects; Top ten states receiving funds for 1994.
- Air transport tax refund pocedures. // Practical Accountant;Feb98, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p20
Focuses on the introduction of procedures by the Internal Revenue Service for travelers, allowing them to obtain refunds of an excise tax on airline passenger tickets.
- BILL TO REDUCE EXCISE TAX ON BEER INTRODUCED IN SENATE
DURING ELEVENTH HOUR OF 107[supTH] SESSION. // NCADD Washington Report;Dec2002, Vol. 5 Issue 12, p1
Focuses on a bill to reduce excise tax on beer in the U.S. Senate.