ABA Panel to Mull Rewards For Preventing Yield Burning
- COMMITTEE ON GENERAL INCOME TAX PROBLEMS. // Tax Lawyer;Summer77, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p1112
Presents cases and rulings of the Committee on General Income Tax Problems of the Section of Taxation of the American Bar Association. Proposal of rules for earned income credit; Elimination of arbitrage profit for the issuer of refunding bonds; Provisions for treatment of amounts received from...
- RFP Calendar. // Bond Buyer;2/27/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33071, p11
A calendar of events for the U.S. area from February 27-April 3, 2009 is presented which includes the Arbitrage Rebate Calculation Services, Underwriter Services and Financial Advisor Services.
- Proposed Bill Eliminates SRF Arbitrage Restrictions. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;3/14/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31344, p4
Reports the passage of a bill that would eliminate arbitrage rebate restrictions from tax-exempts bonds under the clean water SRF program in the U.S. Increase of available funds for the program; Provisions of the bill; Speculation of a heated debate in Congress.
- IRS Targets Unintentional Arbitrage. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;7/15/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31677, p1
Reports on the plans of internal revenue service (IRS) to target a certain type of arbitrage violation that can occur with the advance refunding of tax-exempt municipal bonds in the U.S. Failure of the trustees to blend down the investment yields of the securities in their advance refunding...
- IRS on Hunt for Arbitrage: Targeted Survey to Begin in Three States. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;10/24/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31498, p1
Reports on a project launched by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service to survey randomly selected municipalities that have failed to rebate arbitrage owed to the federal government. Findings of other such surveys; Provisions for rebate under the Tax Reform Act of 1986; Decision of IRS of narrow...
- CONNECTICUT: Treasurer Gets 7 RFP Answers. Stark, Jonna // Bond Buyer;6/18/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32652, p9
The article reports that Connecticut's Office of the Treasurer has received seven responses to its May 2007 request for proposals for tax arbitrage rebate and verification agent services. According to the author, the treasurer's office may request up to two one-year extensions of the contract....
- Giving Something Back. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;05/14/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31138, p1
Reports on the improvement of the rebate services in the United States Internal Revenue Services (IRS). Priorities of the bond division to speed up the refund claims processes; Major cause of the problems in the refund claims division; Reasons for the adjustment made by the IRS in some refund...
- Tax Regulation: IRS Letters Survey Arbitrage Rebate Compliance. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;12/14/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31285, p5
Reports on compliance of arbitrage rebate requirements for governmental bonds sold in 1995 by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS). Conversion of the arbitrage rebate compliance survey into bonafide audit of bond issues; Computation of arbitrage rebate for all regulations.
- ABA in action. Podgers, James // ABA Journal;Sep93, Vol. 79 Issue 9, p121
Presents various news and developments concerning the American Bar Association (ABA). New telephone number of ABA Service Center; Appointment of lawyer Mari Carmen Aponte as member of the Commission on Opportunities for Minorities in the Profession by the Hispanic Bar Association; Formation of...