California Voters to Face $13B Measure
- Officials question if QZABs will live up to their promise. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;05/18/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30395, p7
Focuses on the Qualified Zone Academy Bond program which aims to provide federal assistance for local school construction efforts in the United States. Reasons cited why the program will not be able to accomplish its goal; Small amount of bonds in the program; Comment by Jeff Maddrey, attorney...
- Lincoln, Neb., to seek voter approval for $100 million to build high schools. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;6/10/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30659, p36
Reports that Lincoln, Nebraska's Board of Education has asked voters to approve up to $100 million of general obligation bonds to build two high schools. Benefits from the construction of the high school buildings.
- New Mexico forced to find new financing formula for schools. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;08/04/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30697, p1
Reports on New Mexico's search for financing of school construction activities. Taking away of money from districts that lack the wealth to support bond issues; Allocation of construction funds to school districts.
- Los Angeles School Board Seeks Construction Bond. Reid, Karla Scoon // Education Week;12/3/2003, Vol. 23 Issue 14, p4
Los Angeles voters will be asked to support a U.S. $3.87 billion bond issue next year to renovate and build new classrooms. The school board of the Los Angeles Unified School District agreed unanimously last month to put the bond issue on the March 2 ballot. Under the plan, the 750,000-student...
- TEXAS: Judson ISD Sets Debt Vote. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;1/8/2013, Vol. 383 Issue 33841, p5
The article reports that Judson Independent School District in Texas is seeking for an approval of bond package of 83 million U.S. dollars for the construction of two schools.
- Arizona State to Sell $217 Million in COPs, Revenue Bonds. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;5/21/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31391, p3
Reports on the marketing of revenue bonds by Arizona State University. Price of the debt offering; Construction of classrooms and parking structure; Expansion of the bookstore and athletics building.
- College Deal Re-evaluated. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;9/1/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32458, p47
The article reports on the postponement of the sale of $34.3 million in fee-backed revenue and refunding bonds of Eastern Washington University. The sale, which was originally planned for mid-September 2006, has already earned an underlying rating of Aa2. The refunding portion of the transaction...
- Election Snafus Entangle Big Deal in Sparse Sacramento District. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;11/20/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32512, p32
The article reports on the move of Board of Supervisors whether to approve redoing the vote on the bond question representing less than half of the funding for Folsom-Cordova School District's $1.7 billion expansion plan in San Francisco, California. It has been mentioned that Folsom-Cordova...
- Ohio House Evaluates $1.1 Billion School Facilities Proposal. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;04/05/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30864, p3
Reports on the Ohio House of Representatives' review of a construction bill that would provide financing for school buildings. Key provisions of the legislation; Bond issues proposed for higher education capital needs; Sources of funding.