California Voters to Face $13B Measure
- Officials question if QZABs will live up to their promise. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;05/18/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30395, p7
Focuses on the Qualified Zone Academy Bond program which aims to provide federal assistance for local school construction efforts in the United States. Reasons cited why the program will not be able to accomplish its goal; Small amount of bonds in the program; Comment by Jeff Maddrey, attorney...
- Lincoln, Neb., to seek voter approval for $100 million to build high schools. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;6/10/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30659, p36
Reports that Lincoln, Nebraska's Board of Education has asked voters to approve up to $100 million of general obligation bonds to build two high schools. Benefits from the construction of the high school buildings.
- New Mexico forced to find new financing formula for schools. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;08/04/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30697, p1
Reports on New Mexico's search for financing of school construction activities. Taking away of money from districts that lack the wealth to support bond issues; Allocation of construction funds to school districts.
- Los Angeles School Board Seeks Construction Bond. Reid, Karla Scoon // Education Week;12/3/2003, Vol. 23 Issue 14, p4
Los Angeles voters will be asked to support a U.S. $3.87 billion bond issue next year to renovate and build new classrooms. The school board of the Los Angeles Unified School District agreed unanimously last month to put the bond issue on the March 2 ballot. Under the plan, the 750,000-student...
- TEXAS: Judson ISD Sets Debt Vote. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;1/8/2013, Vol. 383 Issue 33841, p5
The article reports that Judson Independent School District in Texas is seeking for an approval of bond package of 83 million U.S. dollars for the construction of two schools.
- Arizona State to Sell $217 Million in COPs, Revenue Bonds. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;5/21/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31391, p3
Reports on the marketing of revenue bonds by Arizona State University. Price of the debt offering; Construction of classrooms and parking structure; Expansion of the bookstore and athletics building.
- New Jersey Again Tops Calendar, This Time With $700M Deal. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;1/18/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32051, p37
Reports on the issuance of bonds by the state of New Jersey. Use of the proceeds for school building construction; Reinvention of the January bond coupon and redemption payments; Assessment of the state income taxes; Imbalance between general obligation bonds and appropriation debt.
- Bay State To Debut New Credit. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;7/11/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32171, p1
Reports on the sale of tax-backed debt by Massachusetts for its new School Building Authority. Usage of the proceeds for school construction projects; Facilitation of earlier pricing to take advantage of favorable market conditions; Decline of the benchmark 10-year Treasury yield.
- College Deal Re-evaluated. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;9/1/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32458, p47
The article reports on the postponement of the sale of $34.3 million in fee-backed revenue and refunding bonds of Eastern Washington University. The sale, which was originally planned for mid-September 2006, has already earned an underlying rating of Aa2. The refunding portion of the transaction...