New Public-Private School Financing Law Raises Concerns
- DA's office receives check for $176,000. Sommer, Brenda // East Bernard Express (TX);10/16/2008, Vol. 65 Issue 42, p4
The article reports that the district attorney's office in Texas has received a check for $176,000 for its forfeiture fund.
- Scholarships: a different slant. NEWTON, ROB // Principal Matters;Winter2013, Issue 95, p30
The author, who is the principal at the Victorian government school discusses the new scholarship system operated at the University High School. Topics discussed include role of scholarships being donated by the parents and students in providing tax deductions, funds for the development of...
- D.C. mayor criticizes tax plan, names staff members. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;05/06/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30635, p4
Reports on Washington, D.C., Mayor Anthony Williams' criticism of the district council's approval of a $431 million tax-cut plan. Types of taxes affected by the legislation; Reaction of council members on Williams' comments on the tax cuts; Other disputes between Williams and the city council...
- TAX CASES. // Accountancy Ireland;Apr2001, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p59
Presents tax cases in Great Britain and Europe recent as of April 2001. Deductibility of interest on a loan in a case decided by the British (UK) House of Lords; Decision in UK case 'Cook v. Billings,' on connected persons and BES; Tax harmonization in the European Union.
- Use tax reform to stop sequestration. HALL, MIKE // Southern Illinois Labor Tribune;2/28/2013, Vol. 76 Issue 29, p4
In this article, the author discusses the ways to avoid sequestration including use of tax reform, implementing the tax plan Buffett Rule, and limiting the benefit of tax deductions for the richest Americans.
- Scottish Govt announces Â£800m for school building fund. // Education (14637073);6/19/2009, Issue 359, p4
The article reports that the Scottish government has announced that it will give â‚¤800 million to local authorities for the construction of secondary and primary schools beginning in 2010. The goal of the funding is to make the cost of building state-of-the-art schools more manageable for...
- NYC school construction shortfall may reach $2.8 billion. // American School & University;Sep2001, Vol. 74 Issue 1, p3
Reports the funding shortfall for building and repairing New York City schools. Proposal of school Chancellor Harold O. Levy to address the issue.
- Quick approval granted for new Sandy Hook elementary school. // Hill;7/29/2013, Vol. 20 Issue 93, p13
The article reports on the approval of $750,000 in state grant money for the establishment of a new elementary school in Sandy Hook, Connecticut.
- An Analysis of America's Financial Situation. // Congressional Digest;May32, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p131
The article analyses the financial situation of the U.S. during the 1930s. Almost all units of government from the national treasury down are faced with a deficit. This comes at a time when many of them feel the necessity of enlarging relief expenditures. The result is a scramble for new means...