Two File Suit Against O'Hare Expansion
- Court Must Rule Tomorrow on Detroit Airport Agency's Legality. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/23/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31476, p1
Reports the need for the Michigan Court of Appeals to decide on the issue on the legality of the Wayne Count Airport Authority in Michigan. Factors influencing the lawsuit filed by the Wayne County Board of Commissioners; Arguments on the bond contracts; Allegation on the violation of the...
- Airport shuttle operators sue over fee. Strong, Michael // Crain's Detroit Business;5/5/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 18, p37
This article reports that Wayne, Michigan-based Wayne County Airport Authority and a collection of 35 companies are heading to the courtroom of Wayne County Circuit Judge Warfield Moore over the authority's plan to charge the companies a use fee each time one of their vehicles enters airport...
- OPINION. Gardner, Piers // Lawyer;8/5/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 32, p17
Comments on the case of Hatton & ors versus Great Britain concerning noise nuisance from night flights at Heathrow in London, England. Details of the complaints of Hatton and company; Decision of the European Court of Human Rights; Appeal made by the British government.
- Deleting `good stuff' from a subcontract. McGreevy, Susan Linden // Contractor Magazine;Apr2000, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p42
Reports on the decision from a Georgia court of appeals in Savannah Airport Commission, et al. versus Higgerson-Buchanan Inc. case. Overview of the case; Description of the airport site; Value of the bid on clearing and grubbing subcontractor; Ruling of the court on the Commission.
- NATIONAL: Mexican Denied Entry Sues U.S., Airlines. // Advocate;2/21/80, Issue 286, p7
Reports on the lawsuit filed by Mexican citizen Jaime Chavez against the U.S. government as he was detained San Francisco International Airport in California on December 29, 1980.
- Uproar Over a Runway Repair. Swope, Christopher // Governing;Dec2002, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p66
Reports on the decision of the city of Tempe, Arizona to sue Sky Harbor Airport over the rebuilding of a runway. Facts of the case; Speculations regarding Tempe's purpose in filing the suit.
- Groups sue to Block New Airport. Garvey, Charlotte S. // Rock Products;Jan2007, Vol. 110 Issue 1, p6
The article focuses on issues related to the aggregates industry in the U.S. A lawsuit has been filed by environmental groups to block the construction of a new airport in the Florida Panhandle region. The number of measures to fund transportation efforts through taxes or bonds that were...
- Cities fight airports over land. // Airline Business;Jun2005, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p31
Reports on the legal challenge set by the Sydney government to Australian federal government for its approval of unlimited development at airports. Proposal of Sydney to other Australian cities in challenging the unlimited development; Considerations in developing airport lands; Completion of...
- Gloves are off for BAA and Ryanair. Davern, Finian // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;7/30/2004, Issue 2625, p13
Reports on the dispute between Ryanair airline, managed by Michael O'Leary and the airports owner BAA led by chief executive officer Mike Clasper in Great Britain. Failure of the airline to pay charges for using Stansted; Details of the legal case; Assessment of the regulatory structure.