On 106th Day, No Rest
- Appendix A. Santiago, Jennifer C. // Army Lawyer;Jan2007, Issue 404, p190
Information on the U.S. Department of Defense Legislation for Fiscal Year 2007 that relates to articles that appeared in the January 1, 2007 issue of "The Army Lawyer" is presented.
- Songhees First Nation Property Taxation Amendment Law, 2012 [B.C.]: SONGHEES FIRST NATION PROPERTY TAXATION AMENDMENT LAW, 2012. // First Nations Gazette;2012, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p925
A summary is presented of the Songhees First Nation Property Taxation Amendment Law 2012, enacted by the Council of the Songhees First Nation on January 31, 2012 in British Columbia.
- Consumption Tax Would Hurt Munis, Maryland County Official Tells Panel. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;4/20/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32115, p5
Reports on drawbacks of a proposed bill to shift the tax collection system to a consumption-based tax in the U.S. Provisions of the new tax collection system bill; Possibility for tax-exempt bonds deterioration; Probability of debt issuance cost increases.
- Unfinished Business. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/4/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31400, p31
Reports on the legislative sessions in Utah. Signing of a budget bill; Creation of action plans to meet budget deficits; Approval of the Industrial of the Industrial Electric Infrastructure Act.
- Minnesota Senate OKs Plan to Close $3B Gap, But Veto Looms. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/11/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33314, p24
The article reports on the legislation that was approved by Democratic leaders of Minnesota which will create a new tax bracket for the top earners in the state in order to raise an additional income of 435 million dollars annually and erase a looming three billion dollars deficit.
- Recent Major Action In The Congress. // Congressional Digest;Jun/Jul77, Vol. 56 Issue 6/7, p161
Focuses on the action taken by the U.S. Congress concerning tax revision and strip mining in the U.S. Overview of the bill passed by the U.S. Senate regarding tax revision on April 29, 1977; Margin of vote by which the Senate bill was passed; Highlights of the bill passed by the U.S. House of...
- How about some real reform of the Estate Tax? (On the lighter side). Holbrook, Dan W. // Tennessee Bar Journal;Aug2006, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p28
The article focuses on the proposed House Resolution 5638, the Permanent Estate Tax Relief Act of 2006 by the House of Representatives in Tennessee. The said act is a federal estate tax reform that would allow any exemption unused at the death of the first spouse to be added to the surviving...
- Maryland Legislation Requires Corporate Taxpayers to Bare It All*. Currie, Karen H.; Long, Stephen // Corporate Business Taxation Monthly;Apr2008, Vol. 9 Issue 7, p43
The article examines the tax reforms and the tax legislations of Maryland. It is stated that the new corporate tax legislation which was signed into law adopts other relevant tax changes, which include increasing the corporate income tax rate from seven percent to 8.25 percent. The Act requires...
- Keeping Up with Tax Code Changes. Schnepper, Jeff A. // USA Today Magazine;Mar2000, Vol. 128 Issue 2658, p23
Discusses the amendment to the Tax Code in the United States (US) through a legislative bill passed by the US Congress in 1999. Amendment to the alternative minimum tax; Extension of the Exclusion of Employer Provided Educational Assistance; Tax Code revision due to Congressional mandates;...