- North Carolina Might Authorize Introduction of Half-Cent Sales Tax by Counties. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/26/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31189, p6
Reports on the plan of the North Carolina General Assembly to grant the counties the authority to enact a half-cent local option sales tax. Move of the House of Democrats in the state to solve budget crisis; Examination on the 440 million dollars funding proposals for the state; Details on the...
- SOUTH DAKOTA. Clement, Douglas // Fedgazette;Nov2002, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p15
Reports on the decline of sales taxes in South Dakota in fiscal year 2002. Significance of sales taxes to the state's general fund; Decision of the South Dakota Legislature to draw on the state's reserve funds in February 2002; Completion of the sale of future state receipts from the 1998...
- Tax hike would benefit 370 Lakeside. Korando, Russell // St. Charles Journal;7/11/2012, Vol. 47 Issue 28, pA1
The article reports on Proposition P, a city sales tax increase of four-tenths of a cent that could generate as much as 4.8 million U.S. dollars per year for Saint Peters, Missouri that would be used for storm water management and park improvements.
- Lawmaker Leads Charge to Block Oklahoma Sales Tax Elections. Victory, Darren // Bond Buyer;10/1/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31234, p43
Reports the lawsuit filed by a lawmaker and several taxpayers to block the November 2001 sales tax elections in Oklahoma. Reversal of the state law passed in 1999 allowing municipalities to finance public schools with local sales tax dollars; Provisions of the Oklahoma Constitution; Impact of...
- Wringing more tax money from citizens in the new year. Poochigian, Chuck // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;1/18/2002, Issue 322879, p31
Focuses on the state budget crisis in California. Growth of state spending; Concerns over unemployment; Increase of sales tax.
- Report: Chicago's Museums, Zoos Need Sales Tax Funding Boost. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/16/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32382, p4
The article reports that the cultural institutions in Chicago, Illinois have requested for new funding from an increase in the sales tax to compensate for the dwindling fiscal help. The museums in the park are vital to Chicago's reputation as a cultural destination. The cultural institutions...
- Nogales voters to decide sales tax for new hospital. // Inside Tucson Business;10/3/2005, Vol. 15 Issue 16, p17
Reports on the opportunity of the Nogales voters to decide on a proposal to raise their city sales tax from 1.25 percent to two percent in order to raise seven million dollars for the construction of a hospital building in Arizona.
- District of Columbia Will Take a Hit from Sequestration. JAGODA, NAOMI // Bond Buyer;9/5/2013, Vol. 385 Issue 33974, p6
The article informs that the congressionally-mandated sequestration in the U.S. could take 60 million U.S. dollars of income and sales tax revenue from the District of Columbia's economy thereby causing a loss of 30 million U.S. dollars to the city in federal grants and payments in fiscal 2014.
- Sales tax revenues continue to decline. // Westchester County Business Journal;8/26/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 34, p18
Reports on the decline in sales tax revenues in Westchester County, New York, in the first half of 2002. Impact on the 2002 budget of the county; Plan of the county to raise its sales taxes.