Colorado Hitting the Road With $220 Million Trans Sale
- Fists Fly as Lawyer, Adviser Are Fired in Oklahoma Deal. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;4/4/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31608, p3
Canadian County, Oklahoma, officials are searching for records on bond sales for a controversial juvenile detention center after a hearing that led to the firing of the issuer's counsel and financial adviser and a fistfight in a courthouse hallway following a county commissioners' hearing. Mark...
- Indiana Agency Sale Will Finish Off Long-Term Plan for Prison Build-Up. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/4/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31400, p32
Reports on the completion of a state plan to build a prison system in Indiana. Sale of a fixed-rate limited obligations bond; Use of short-term financing for the construction of state buildings; Underwriters of the deal.
- Pennsylvania Seeks Team For $1B Deal. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;9/16/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31970, p1
Reports on the search by Pennsylvania for an underwriting team to work with recently created Commonwealth Financing Authority (CFA). Expectation for the start of the sale of state appropriation bonds; Effort of state Governor Edward Rendell for a statewide economic development; Request from CFA...
- Fitch to Consider 'Harmonizing' Corporate, Muni Ratings. Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;3/24/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32841, p4
The article focuses on the possible harmonization of the corporate and public finance ratings scales by Fitch Ratings Ltd. in the U.S. The company is looking at the potential for bringing the scales together or finding other solutions that could involve an independent scale. This could be...
- Williams Promoted to Senior VP at Radian. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;3/25/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31600, p7
Radian Asset Assurance, the bond insurer owned by Radian Group in Philadelphia, announced on March 24, 2003, that John Williams has been promoted to senior vice president of public finance. Williams, who previously held the position of public finance vice president and manager, will continue to...
- Top 25 underwriters in Florida. // Bond Buyer;11/17/97 Supplement Florida, Vol. 322, p34A
Enumerates the top insurance firms in Florida which handled the largest bond underwriting projects according to rankings published in the November 17, 1997 issue of the periodical `The Bond Buyer.' Includes Smith Barney Inc.; PaineWebber Inc.; Lehman Brothers.
- Holding Older Bonds, Insurers Are Now a Derivatives Darling. Ryst, Sonja // Bond Buyer;09/01/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30967, p1
No abstract available.
- Houston Council Questions Underwriter Selection for $792M Deal. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/6/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31319, p36
Reports that Houston City Council of Houston, Texas will discuss a proposal regarding the selection of underwriters for $791.78 million water and sewer revenue refunding bonds scheduled to be issued during the second week of February, 2002. Potential book-running managers for the Series 2002A...
- Municipal Prices Finish Mainly Firm. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;2/21/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31329, p2
Reports on the general obligation (GO) bonds won by the U.S. underwriters in competitive bidding. GOs won by the U.S. underwriting company Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc.; Yields at which serial bonds were reoffered; Persistence for the demand for bonds.